HybridZ

Well, it's finally painted! PIC'S AT LAST!!!!!

dr_hunt

I have to work tomorrow but I'll take pic's on sunday. I saw it yesterday just before dark and there wasn't enough light to get any good pics.

It is near perfect paint, flawless everywhere. rolled back, nice air dam (ala cozy z cole, Thanks Cozy!), chevy rear view side mirror, custom grill by the body guy. Doesn't look all that bad, really unique I guess you might say.

The bad news is that it's the wrong color. Bryce had picked Kandy apple red over a tangerine base. They sprayed Kandy apple red over a black base or blue base. So, it's damn near black unless the sun hits it.

It has ghost flames everywhere but you can hardly see them unless in direct sunlight.

Oh, well, WTF, it is what it is, we've waited a whole friggin year, so I'm settling for that.

Geez, and all I have to do to make sez was adjust the valves, change jets, check the timing and put on new slicks.

Oh well, maybe next time!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow congrats on getting it back. Sucks the screw up. Is there anything you can do to help bring out the kandy or ghost flames? Wet sand? Polish?

Too bad about SEZ. Although now that you aren't coming I might have a chance of winning the longest distance traveled award.

The roof was stripped to the bare metal. The big hail dents pulled and the little ones filled. Actually the entire car had a layer of bondo on it about 1/16" thick. It was kind of weird. Everything was stripped down to the base metal, filler where needed, primed, block sanded, primed, block sanded again and then painted. It's painted black on the inside and Kandy on the outside, engine bay and all.

The paint is near flawless, show quality already, buffed and looks like it's a 1/4" deep. It's really nice quality. I don't think there is anything I can do about it, but I really don't care at this point in time. I've got about $2500 in the 383 trade engine, so that's not all that bad

Nobody showed up for work this AM so I guess I'll go take pictures today and post them later.

Thanks guys! Yup, the rear shaved look, I kind of went WTF? But after awhile it kind of grew on me and besides, it is all metal and welded on, so it's not undoable at this point in time. Same with the headlight covers, all metal, one off welded on!!! Simply amazing and unique to say the least.

The air dam is off the pinks car, not sure what that was exactly. Larry (cozy z cole) gave that to my son. Thanks Larry, it looks great and your one hell of a guy, despite what superdan says about you. :lmao:

What's next? Well, Arizona Z car front suspension, a new 9 inch rear axle (shorter than this one by a couple of inches), and some weld prostar wheels. The car lowered with the tires inside the wheel wells, scraping the ground baby!!!

Ok, who can guess what the grill is out of?