HybridZ

Who makes this hood buldge?

Titus_RacerX

That is a factory Nissan part number 99990-00182 and referred to as the "Competition Hood Vent." It was issued by Nissan on 12/13/1974 as a fix to reduce underhood heat on late 1973 240Zs and 1974 260Zs. A vent hole was supposed to be cut in the driver's side of the hood bulge.

a parts car i bought had a hood with that vent blended and bolted onto the hood. i'm in the process of fixing some of the body work so that i can put it on my daily driver. on my hood the hole hood is cut underneath the whole vent, not just on the drivers side.

The guy that had it on eBay lives close by here and is the brother of an old friend of mine. It has been listed a couple of times and did not sell. Maybe he will list it again. I will try to get a hold of the guy I know, but I have not talked to him in several years.

Not a real common part. I looked for a year for one before I found someone who had one and would part with it. Yeah, I traded a 300zt clsd and cv joint axles for it. I think it was a perfect trade for both of us.

The guy that had it on eBay lives close by here and is the brother of an old friend of mine. It has been listed a couple of times and did not sell. Maybe he will list it again. I will try to get a hold of the guy I know, but I have not talked to him in several years.

That is a factory Nissan part number 99990-00182 and referred to as the "Competition Hood Vent." It was issued by Nissan on 12/13/1974 as a fix to reduce underhood heat on late 1973 240Zs and 1974 260Zs. A vent hole was supposed to be cut in the driver's side of the hood bulge.

Let me know if anyone finds one!

Thanks,

Titus_RacerX

Not a real common part. I looked for a year for one before I found someone who had one and would part with it. Yeah, I traded a 300zt clsd and cv joint axles for it. I think it was a perfect trade for both of us.

lol... it was corzette, wasn't it?!

I found the guy. It turns out it is the son of an old friend of mine. He is looking for $125.00 plus shipping. It needs some amount of work, since it was mounted at one time, but he assures me it would take just a simple clean up to make it work. Mostly some excess fiberglass around the edge where it was bonded. Let me know what else you would like to know.

That one on ebay for $125 also requires $125 to ship! That's a lot of money for a rare but damaged unit. I tried to get him to ship it to me months ago at my expense (and fully insured to cover any additional damage or loss) to make a plug for reproduction. He never got back to me. He's tried to sell it for many many weeks now. These hood scoops are loved or hated. I personally think it adds an aggressive look and would mount a good one to my Z.