HybridZ

Pinks not getting participants?

stony

Ok I watched tonight new episode on speed and who did I see?????

Nate Prichard running a regal and some guy and an S-10.... but guess who was in his crew!!!!!!! Barney from the infamous 1quickZ episode.

Is the field getting that small that they have to keep bringing back guys from past event and guys that work on the show??? If my count is right Nate has been on 2 times once with a bike and once with the regal.

Just curious ... What up with that????

About 50% of the shows I have seen there is always car wont start drama.... wonder if that’s staged.

I will tell you that there is a crapload of sandbagging. I'm pretty sure they edit out the scenes that would identify it.

Yea, always seems that something happens to the car that would most likely keep it from racing but they patch it up and win the race. Also they do a lot of pedaling, its more stradegy then plain racing.... I think itd be better to have a all HybridZ drags, match up people with similar power to the ground and race for points, or just do it for fun, run what you brung, that would be better tv if you ask me!

Also, if you have to disconnect your NOS to match up with the other car then the cars arent evenly matched. Seems like they do more of trying to make it look like a good race then racing matched cars.. and by the 5th race the faster car wins, and its usually a 9 sec car matched up with a high 10 car, 9 sec car wins first race....9 sec car takes off NOS and pedals second race and loses, 9 sec car wins 3rd race, DRAMA DRAMA YELL YELL BLAH BLAH, 9 sec car agrees to a certain length, 9 sec car loses 4th race and BLAH BLAH BLAH DRAMA yells at 10sec car saying he has been pedaling the whole time BLAH BLAH YELL ok... heads up no NOS no pedaling OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!!! 9sec car wins fifth race cuz....hmmm ITS A 9SEC CAR!!! episode over Thank you for your sportmanship and we'll see you next time on pinks! There ya go 30 min episode in two minutes.

i remember that there was a BBC nova vs. a stroked camaro and the camaro guy said on camera "dont go to fast or they will know its an 9 second car"

I heard on an episode once that the cars have to run 10.50 or slower. If you run faster than a 10.50 after the show you lose. Same thing with the Pinks All Out if you ran a 10.30 and are capable of running 9.0 you have to pedal and run consistant 10.30 or get kicked out.

Rules were on Speeds website, now they are pulled or buried in the site..

Ok I watched tonight new episode on speed and who did I see?????

Nate Prichard running a regal and some guy and an S-10.... but guess who was in his crew!!!!!!! Barney from the infamous 1quickZ episode.

I seen that, he was a cry baby too.

About 50% of the shows I have seen there is always car wont start drama.... wonder if that’s staged

Nate had that problem, charged his battery between runs and it dies in the burn out box, MSD died no ignition equals YOU LOSE THE RACE!!

Is this not common practice when hot lapping or did he have a crappy battery to begin with?

Sounds like the show is going downhill to me

Actually the show started at the bottom of the hill and then they started digging into the ground.Always thought it was pretty gay,between the host's douchebaggery,the rules,bad line ups and obvious stagings,i'll give it 9 thumbs down.

I am not a big fan of the whinney bitch TV realtity shows. After 15 years of marriage I have had my fill of that type of drama.

I stopped watching American Chopper for the same reason.

Well said!

AWWWwwww come on! I know I died laughing when Rich bit it on that rice rocket.

I was more in shock when I saw him bite it. The whole thing went bad when he took his shirt off, lame...

Is the field getting that small that they have to keep bringing back guys from past event and guys that work on the show??? If my count is right Nate has been on 2 times once with a bike and once with the regal.

Just curious ... What up with that????

I can think of a few possibilities:

1) deals are made ahead of time that they'll give back the other's rides after the show, regardless of who wins

2) no one likes Rich

3) every show has a lifespan; this one has expired

4) no one takes Rich seriously

5) people aren't so sure they want to possibly lose their car now that the show is common and not "new" anymore

6) everyone makes fun of Rich

7) the show is basically the same every time -- people should race for (big) money more often, not necessarily for the cars, although it might be illegal in some states to do that. Maybe they could race for children, dogs, wives, etc (make those stakes high).

8) people are hating Rich

9) People are tired of Rich

9) Rich is one dimensional

10) Rich speaks in a monotone

11) Rich needs hair (and I do too)

12) Rich Rich Rich

That's my take on the show anyway.

Davy

I don't like the show Pinks at all. I was so excited when I first saw the show come out for the first time, but after the first show I was really bored! The only episode I liked and disliked a bit was the one where the black S30 ran, and thats about it.

I have a hard time beleiving people would show up to race for the other guys car, and then be so unprepared. Dead batteries, shotty wiring and so much BS.... I don't even take my streetcar to the dragstrip without a good once over to check things out and I'm just racing for trophies and chump change... No way would I embarrass myself and my crew losing over a wiring short or an untuned car I JUST finished last night... PLEASE!!! what a bunch of crap!! And NITROUS should be settled before anyone agrees to race on the show..either with or without PERIOD!!

I thought the whole idea behind Pinks was cool at first but after seeing so many whiny as so called "adults" it just got old. I like the ALL OUT shows... but I would like to see some 11-12 second guys get their chance too....

I can think of a few possibilities:

1) deals are made ahead of time that they'll give back the other's rides after the show, regardless of who wins

2) no one likes Rich

3) every show has a lifespan; this one has expired

4) no one takes Rich seriously

5) people aren't so sure they want to possibly lose their car now that the show is common and not "new" anymore

6) everyone makes fun of Rich

7) the show is basically the same every time -- people should race for (big) money more often, not necessarily for the cars, although it might be illegal in some states to do that. Maybe they could race for children, dogs, wives, etc (make those stakes high).

8) people are hating Rich

9) People are tired of Rich

9) Rich is one dimensional

10) Rich speaks in a monotone

11) Rich needs hair (and I do too)

12) Rich Rich Rich

That's my take on the show anyway.

Lo f&%!ing L!!

I have a hard time beleiving people would show up to race for the other guys car, and then be so unprepared. Dead batteries, shotty wiring and so much BS.... I don't even take my streetcar to the dragstrip without a good once over to check things out and I'm just racing for trophies and chump change... No way would I embarrass myself and my crew losing over a wiring short or an untuned car I JUST finished last night... PLEASE!!! what a bunch of crap!! And NITROUS should be settled before anyone agrees to race on the show..either with or without PERIOD!!

I thought the whole idea behind Pinks was cool at first but after seeing so many whiny as so called "adults" it just got old. I like the ALL OUT shows... but I would like to see some 11-12 second guys get their chance too....

Exactly,but that is just what 90% of this countries viewers want to see,whining,bitching,sluring and oh yes an abundance of drama.If half of this "reality" tv was actual reality there would only be reasonable people watching the shows,as we all know that drastically narrows down the audience.

when shows like "are u smarter than a 5th grader" and "american idol" are a hit, u know theres no hope for good tv... The only shows i like are "the shield", "how it's made", "mythbusters", "survivorman" and all the animal documentaries....lol,