HybridZ

how to pull stub axles out of R200?

Guest darrell

Guest darrell

thanks for the info, i thought there was some kinda retaining clip hidden in the gears so i didnt want to just force the axles out.

zcarnut has the ticket.... heavy85 (cameron) taught me that trick - pry out the stub axles with two screwdrivers/pry bars - one on each side of the shaft. It keeps the splines from binding up with you are trying to separate them... It makes all the difference.

Guest darrell

i got it out. it was a bitch but i got it out. one side was easy , and the other side, i had to wedge both pry bars in with hammer then bang on one bar to pop the sucker out. bent the stub axle a little.

• 2 years later...

Why not using the half shafts as a puller? You compress them first and then you pull quickly on them, they will extand until they bottom out, it will pop out the ring that retains the stub axle with the hit.

This is what I did and it worked well. You do not have to use a lot of force to do so.

Why not using the half shafts as a puller? You compress them first and then you pull quickly on them, they will extand until they bottom out, it will pop out the ring that retains the stub axle with the hit.

This is what I did and it worked well. You do not have to use a lot of force to do so.

I've found this to be the most effective way. You don't have to try and awkwardly hold the diff.