HybridZ

sexy sexy s130 body kit

aziza z

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipping is the biggest reasons for high costs on true JDM parts!

It's not like here in the states where we have several different shipping options to choose from. In Japan you have 1 inside the country (EMS), and then the taxes and such impossed on the companies to export is a killer!!

The whole process of shipping anything larger than 60kg, and larger than the size limitations, takes a arm, leg, and most definitely a piece of A$# to accomplish for anything less than $300-500

Shipping is the biggest reasons for high costs on true JDM parts!

It's not like here in the states where we have several different shipping options to choose from. In Japan you have 1 inside the country (EMS), and then the taxes and such impossed on the companies to export is a killer!!

The whole process of shipping anything larger than 60kg, and larger than the size limitations, takes a arm, leg, and most definitely a piece of A$# to accomplish for anything less than $300-500

Its not particularly Japan, any freight across the Pacific is expensive. EG MSA quoted me US$300 to ship a mid size rear spoiler to the East coast of AU. And that spoiler is a lot smaller than one of the slotted ones people are wanting here.

But the postal services, eg USPS, are a lot cheaper than the commercial freighters like FedEx, up to half their price I've found.

• 4 months later...

G'day, old thread but thought i'd post some pics of my zed as i have this front end. I've seen another 280zx in Melbourne with it as well so its possibly sold here, im not sure. Was on the car when i bought it.

I'm not a hugggge fan of it but i like it a lot better then some out there. I'm tossing up ideas of remodeling it a little to make it fit the curves and sleek design of the car better. possibly cut out the bottom lip a bit so it doesn't scrape on everything too much when i put some nice low springs in it.

(p.s. please ignore the number plates wankyness, it was the previous owners reg)

280zx_thumb.jpg

car6_thumb.JPG

• 6 months later...
Is anybody familiar with this car? I came across this web page by accident looking for Z31 pics. http://kanchan.uchidacw.com/?cid=21726

Image0671.jpg

I know this thread is old, but i just got a PM about where to find this body kit. I googled Air Breathing Research Hosoki (mentioned in the overboost article as the builder of the car) and sure enough: http://www.abr-hosoki.co.jp/abr-s-130bodykit.html

• 3 weeks later...

there is a company here in new zealand that makes the kit your after and lots of other kits for old school cars i will try and find a link for you,i paid $500 for my kit about a year ago so with conversion rates in the state they are this may be a more realistic option .Areotech i think is the name of the company

• 1 month later...
Someone please tell me they know where i can find this front body kit and those side skirts. how about something similar too it?

PICT4019.jpg

I have this front skirt and those sides. This is the rear.

28-10-07_1238.jpg

(the rear skirt has since been chopped and raised to not look like a nappy full of ♥♥♥♥).

I bought all 4 pieces for about 1100 AUD - From allzparts in Hornsby, Sydney.

Hope this helps!

-terry

I have this front skirt and those sides. This is the rear.

28-10-07_1238.jpg

(the rear skirt has since been chopped and raised to not look like a nappy full of ♥♥♥♥).

I bought all 4 pieces for about 1100 AUD - From allzparts in Hornsby, Sydney.

Hope this helps!

-terry

:o:O lucky.

I'll trade you my Z for yours ;)

• 2 weeks later...