HybridZ

SU EFI Manifold Update

z-ya

Hear are some updated photos of the SU EFI intake I've been working on. It is all smoothed, and ready for bead blast and finishing. Needs the ports opened up a bit, but I will leave that to the guy that does the head.

It is a combination of 280ZXT throttle bodies, SU manifolds, and and an EFI manifold. The linkage is all Nissan. I'm working on adjustable throttle rods. The Palnet rail fits nice. I need to make new brackets to hold it down.

HPIM0770.jpg

HPIM0775.jpg

HPIM0774.jpg

HPIM0773.jpg

HPIM0772.jpg

HPIM0771.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yes oh yes oh yes!!! Thanks for the update, I was just hunting around on google last night for pictures of an SU manifold..... I cannot WAIT to hear how this sounds on an engine, I almost want to start building these for sale because I have the parts a plenty...

Pete, you already know how enthusiastic about this idea *I* am... thanks again for the update :2thumbs: the piece looks FANTASTIC, just what I had imagined. Anything not straightforward about doing the whole thing?

Plans slowly come together regarding my own version of this manifold; I still cant get enough hours to make ends meet so "projects" have to wait indefinitely until "bills" are caught up :(

It will either end up on a 3.1L NA street engine, or a twin turbo 3.1L using some stock RB26DETT turbos I have access to. I'm leaning towards the NA 3.1L. I'm going to try and make the entire engine like Nissan meant to do it that way. I've got a long way to go before it goes on an engine, and then in a car, so bear with me.

For MY setup, (when/if) I was anticipating talking my uncle out of an airbox he had made for one of his roadster racecars that would essentially let me pipe an air filter in the stock location to feed the box on the TBs, but I have to check spacing and clearance.. the box in question has a base plate that attaches to the crabs just like a stock 240Z SU airbox, so I may be able to simple fabricate a base plate to fit on my two TBs that bolts to the box he already has.

Helmholtz effect, what?

• 1 month later...