HybridZ

9 second RB30 street 240z nearing completion

RIPSNZ

More time on the dyno today and we found some good gains.

At 17psi, just 7500rpm and 98 pump gas we are now up to 564whp through a T400 auto and on a rolling road so well happy with that :cool:

Here's a link to the 564whp dyno run:

Then we decided to liven things up a bit and chuck another 5psi of boost at it and another 1000rpm, result 758whp at 22psi and 8500rpm, still on 98 pump gas, no NOS.

The turbo is really only just starting to come on now, from 25-35psi we should really start laying down some goods numbers.

Here's a link to the 758whp dyno run:

Rob.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a torque performance dyno and we usually find if we go to a dynapak hub dyno with our GTR's the reading is higher than we get on this dyno in 4wd on the rollers. We're were up around 1900Nm @ wheels at 17psi which is very good.

One of our mid-low 10 second GTR's with a RB30 usually lays 1500-1600Nm with a small shot of NOS on this dyno so we are well ahead at this stage.

We use the dyno for comparison only as every dyno reads different, I'm happy because I know on the same dyno we are making alot more power and torque at 17psi and 22psi than we have with previous RB30's and thats all that counts :wink:

Rob

Its a torque performance dyno and we usually find if we go to a dynapak hub dyno with our GTR's the reading is higher than we get on this dyno in 4wd on the rollers. We're were up around 1900Nm @ wheels at 17psi which is very good.

One of our mid-low 10 second GTR's with a RB30 usually lays 1500-1600Nm with a small shot of NOS on this dyno so we are well ahead at this stage.

We use the dyno for comparison only as every dyno reads different, I'm happy because I know on the same dyno we are making alot more power and torque at 17psi and 22psi than we have with previous RB30's and thats all that counts :wink:

Rob

Man i love that in-car vid.... Hope no kiwi coppers are Z fans!

Does that mean approx torque at tailshaft is ;

torque at dyno roller divided by final drive ratio?

seeing that the torque is multiplied by the gear reduction. I suppose you were in top gear 1:1 in T400?

Good news and not so good news.

Good news, 1st run ever, no boost off the line, very gentle 1.900 60ft, I ran 10.126 @ 146.5mph.

2nd run, same again, no boost off the line, 1.902 60ft, 10.28 @ 143mph

Bad news: trans brake problem and leaking fluid, on the trailer going home.

VERY happy with that, we had 20psi max boost, 98 BP pump gas, no NOS and obviously I was being pretty carefull on its first couple of passes ever with the RB30.

Looks like once we get the 60fts down to where they should be and maybe a little more boost we'll be in the mid to low 9's pretty easy on pump gas, no NOS, Can't even imagine what it'll be like with C16 and some NOS, fookn mental :eek:

Car ran pretty straight, very happy at this stage :cool:

Here is the timeslip breakdown...

60' ... 1.395

330 ... 3.741

1/8 ... 5.722

MPH ... 122.44

1000 .. 7.454

1/4 ... 8.915

MPH ... 153.60

Mike

Cool, thanks, here's mine:

60'......1.900

1/8......6.773

MPH....117.35

1/4......10.126

MPH.....146.5

Something interesting, from 1/2 track we both gained about the same mph but you covered it a 10/th quicker so I'm more than happy with my first pass in the car.

I've also checked the data and listened to it on the video, I hit the 8500rpm limiter just before the finish line so didn't gain any mph through the speed recording traps, maybe missed out on 1 or 2mph who knows?

Once the 60's come down (really trying to do it without NOS if possible) then looks like mid-low 9's will be about right but will either have to pull 9000rpm or go to a 4.56 diff ratio.

Then we'll add some NOS, or go to C16 and no NOS and see if we can't get an 8 out of the old girl.

Thanks for the timeslip Mike, very helpfull :icon14:

excellent run Rob, shame you had issues would have been good if you had of made it to the zclub drags today - you would have had lots of runs as there was a small number of cars = lots of runs for all.

Really gutted I couldn't make it, I almost put the car on the trailer and towed her up so you guys could have a look and I could see all your cars.

Next time I'll be there with bells on :D

Rob