HybridZ

twin turbo for 280z or zx anyone?

roughridin89

Yeah, I don't see the point of twin turbo's unless it is a V engine. Unless you are looking for some sort of bling factor. I've also heard the old one about two smaller turbos spooling faster than one big one... Well that simply is not so as you would only be feeding it with half of your engine. It's just a more complex, cramped engine bay with double the amount of plumbing needed.

I like the idea of a twin turbo than just 1 big car. I myself am very interested in and I am looking for a good manifold. but DAM trust wants 1500 for it ARHHHHH..... I just got to wait.

Just love the idea of a smaller turbo spinning a bigger turbo.

That wouldn't be twin turbos then. Twin turbos are spooled separately by separate cylinders. You are thinking of sequentials, I think.

• 3 months later...
From my twin experience, those ex housing are WAY small for big power, compresser housings are also. I would definitly weld on T3 flanges. I couldnt really make any more power than 550 rwhp with TWO zx turbos.

Well i have seen reports with this set up that made round 550 to the wheels ...... but i have to say i dont know much about the rest and at what rpms maybe tony can chime in

well that is just the turbos that the guy included with the manifold! i wonder why they were using these in the first place if they were too small? but that was the first thing i said when i opened the box: "Aww how cute those turbos are!"

Maybe they were used on an L20A.

well that is just the turbos that the guy included with the manifold! i wonder why they were using these in the first place if they were too small? but that was the first thing i said when i opened the box: "Aww how cute those turbos are!"

Did you buy this from Curtis H.? If so I sold this to him. I have to dig the pictures I have out.