HybridZ

How much have you spent on your S30?

jerryb

How much have you "invested" in your S30?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much have you "invested" in your S30?

• Less than $5000
    • Between $5000 & $10000
    • Between $10000 & $15000
    • Between $15000 & $20000
    • Between $20000 - $30000
    • Between $30000 - $40000
    • Its too painful to think about!
    • I take the 5th!

How much HAVE you spent on your S30?

Here is an interesting and scarey question.....How much have you spent on your S30.

This may be one of those questions you wish to answer annonymously just in case the better half has access to this forum....:wink:

between 5k-10k...

I drove it daily for over a year just replacing the occasional $35 part...

Then I started upgrades...LOL

wheels, tires, brakes, coilovers, illuminas, clutch, and flywheel put me at about $6000 with the car's cost and then I don't even want to think about the amount I have put into it with maintinance while it was my DD!!

Still not bad as far as $ goes for 15k miles.

Now I just need to swap out the drivetrain from the alternator to the rear hubs.

lol, ive spent about $1500 on my zed, plus about another $1000 on the stereo.

But i picked the 5th option, coz i was watching the dave chapelle show the other night, and found it soo damn funny (crack dealer in court, pleading the 5th)

By the time its finished, i am estimating that i'll have spent about $45,000 on it.

and we all know how budgets tend to balloon out.

Perhaps i should just sell my kidneys now and pay someone to do it??

I'm only guessing at 10K-15K. I learned long ago if you have an expensive hobby never keep track of expenses, its just too scary. When I took up scuba diving 16 years ago I started a business shooting underwater video so I had to keep track for taxes. At the end of the year I was shocked how much I had spent. So when I got the 280Z and decided to do the LT1 swap and all those while you're at it projects I stopped keeping track pretty quickly.

Since April 2007 I've spent about $1,000 MORE than it cost when I bought it new in 1971 - and at that time I paid about $500 over sticker to go to the top of the nine month waiting list at the dealership. Worth every penny - it owes me nothing after almost 37 years.

Dennis

Since '86 over $20K on three separate cars. I'm trying to get it to where the current car is a reliable daily driver, $3500 later. Even told myself I'd EBay other hobby stuff to pay for it. (Brass locomotives, another expensive hobby)

The car stays in the garage, all others, out in the elements. Wife only gets a vote on when the kids can come ride in it. (She really loves me!)