HybridZ

video of me running at the strip

big-phil

8.5 @ 85 MPH at 23 lbs of boost.

read this:

I was there, it kinda sucked ass. I waited in line 2 hours to make one run. They had people spilling oil left and right.

I did something I should not of done. I put this big cam in on Sat. that I had in my car before but had the timing off but did not realize it until after I had put the stock cam back in. Anyway I think my exhaust is too restrictive for this cam?? Thats all I can think of because when I put it in I have to lean the whole fuel map out, even in boost. So I'm flowing less air and making less horse power. Anyway My one and only run was a 8.5 @ 85mph. Go ahead and bash if you must, but I think we are going out again Thursday night and by then I will have my stock cam in, or I'll have a 4 inch exhaust by then to try to make the cam flow better.

I'll put a video up later of my run. My injector duty cycle with the stock cam at 19 lbs of boost was 85%, after I put the big cam in at 19 lbs of boost my duty cycle is 65% so the run I made was at 23lbs of boost and it still did not feel as good as the stock cam at 19 lbs.

I think you need a bigger turbo Phil...

The small HY35 turbine housing is probably causing the restriction and making the big fat cam unhappy. Something like a HX40 with a smaller 12cm^2 turbine housing would probably be a little happier with the big cam. Doesn't the HY35 have like a 7 or 9 cm^2 housing?

I think you need a bigger turbo Phil...

The small HY35 turbine housing is probably causing the restriction and making the big fat cam unhappy. Something like a HX40 with a smaller 12cm^2 turbine housing would probably be a little happier with the big cam. Doesn't the HY35 have like a 7 or 9 cm^2 housing?

not sure? I'm going to run it with a 4" down pipe I just got, if it wont flow better with that I'm putting the stock cam back in.

High 12. 12.80ish.

I too, am not a fan of 1/8 mile, too short and just when you are getting into it, the ride is over. :(

I REALLY REALLY can't wait to run it again on the stock cam. That run at 23 lbs felt slower than the stock cam at 19 lbs.

Phil, I agree with OTM's suggestion. I had a similar experience with a .63 stage 3 hotside vs a .82 hotside. The car just didn't pull until I opened up the hotside on the turbo. Before swapping the cam back I would try running the turbo with an open downpipe or at least with no muffler.

Yea pull the DP off, and see if that fixes the flow problem, but I am going to say it wont. I as well as many of us local guys run 3" FULL ex systems, and are pulling above 500 RWHP pretty easy. I would suspect some other tuning, or plug gap, etc. How big is the cam? Specs? And a car that runs 8.5 in the 8th will run abou low 13's from my experience. I ran my car in the 8th and it ran 8.2 @ 88mph on my L series NA engine 77z, and at the track at that time it ran 13.0 in the 1/4. His turbo may have had alot better spool in the upper gears, so he could of possibly broke 13's.