HybridZ

LS based Z cars track times?

Guest Gr8White
What are most of you LS1 guys out there running in the quarter?

List your mods and what you ran with them. Just wanting to know whereabout I will be @ stock compared to where I will be after L92 heads/cam.

I would just use an ET formula- ET is largely dependent on how good you drive anyway and assuming traction.... Using an ET formula at least tells you how quick/fast it is capable of going....Of course this is all dependent on knowing the rear wheel HP.

ET= 5.825 x cubed root of weight/RWHP

MPH= 234 x cubed root of hp/weight

These are close, and the math doesn't lie....

Not trying to shoot you down here, but I would find out how much HP the mods are worth and go from there as a baseline of how good you are driving and/or how good you are hooking up.. It has been my experience that the more HP the car makes the more of a disparity you'll see in ET between drivers (all other things being equal)...Using other's ETs as a basis for your own performance might be a setup for dissapointment (or a helluva ego boost if you're good!!) Just a thought (been on both sides of that one)

There are ET calculators on-line, like http://www.teamenvy.com/battlecalc.htm

No clue how accurate they really are. They don't take transmission, rear gear or driver ability into consideration.

I did this calculator where it asks for weight and track time and it tells you the HP... my Z at 2900lbs and a 15.3 (which i ran this summer) equals 160.03RWHP... I dyno'd at 162RWHP... pretty damn close IMO...

that said a 3000lb Z (with ls1) and only 375RWHP will be a 11.65 1/4mile.. sounds interesting to me...:flamedevi

I did this calculator where it asks for weight and track time and it tells you the HP... my Z at 2900lbs and a 15.3 (which i ran this summer) equals 160.03RWHP... I dyno'd at 162RWHP... pretty damn close IMO...

that said a 3000lb Z (with ls1) and only 375RWHP will be a 11.65 1/4mile.. sounds interesting to me...:flamedevi

So if that's true with my 280Z LT1 at 300 flywheel HP and guessing at 2900 lbs I should turn 13.08ish. I would be happy with that................for now, :cool:.

I am going to do a head/cam combo on my C5 Ls1 Z and my goal is to get 450HP to the wheels. This should get me into the 10's.

That should be no problem with your wide tires! I hope to be at 450rwhp by summers end. Vinh....how does a l28et Fairlady sound?

My 240ZLS1 with a mostly stock 2002 LS1 and T56 ran a 12.88 at the Z convention in Daytona this past October. The car has headers and a cold air intake. Other then that the motor is stock. It has had some dyno tuning. It did 340RWHP on the dyno. Car has a 3.54:1 rear and I am running 225-50-16 tires.

It didn't hook up well and I am not very experienced at drag racing. I am sure a more experienced drag racer and stickier tires would put the car in the low to mid 12's but I really didn't build it for drag racing.

1tuffZ was there too and he ran a 12.6

His car has a 3.90 rear and he has a ported TB and an underdrive pully set so I guess it is a bit faster. He didn't hook up well either.

There are ET calculators on-line, like http://www.teamenvy.com/battlecalc.htm

No clue how accurate they really are. They don't take transmission, rear gear or driver ability into consideration.

ha. not even remotely acurate. with my 3600 lb camaro to run an 11.7 according to that calcuator i have 445rwhp. if that was true id have some rwhp record for a cam/header/stall camaro haha. my car puts out about 390rwhp and the thing says it only would run a 12.1, but ive ran it a 11.7.. so dont belive that thing AT ALL

My car ran a 12.82 @ 111mph on a 106 degree night last summer. It was the first pass for the car and I actually babied it off the line. It has a 2001 engine (347rwhp, 356tq) with a 6-spd, GM HotCam, long tubes, and 3:70 gears. No burnout and a 60ft of over 2.5 seconds. LOTS of room for improvement, but not too bad for a hot night with a below average driver...

• 7 months later...

I ran my 280Z with a stock LT1/4L60E at DNI and turned a best 12.91. I did a dyno run right after that and it came out at 266 RWHP. The car weighed 3060 with me in it at DNI.

Only add-ons to the engine are Sanderson huggers, a throttle body air foil and a cold air package.

Late may 2008, California speedway: Track elevation of about 1300ft, about 70-80 degrees, curb weight of about 2600, very old 185/70/14 tires, stock 3.55 open R200, FAST 78mm intake manifold, pretty big cam, LS6 heads, dual 3" exhaust to open cutouts, T-56, 420rwhp.

12.351@120.06 with a 2.069 60ft was one of my better runs, 1st and 2nd gears were pretty worthless. 3rd would hold if I got into it at only about 3k rpms

vid in my sig