HybridZ

R200 prices

73DatsunZ

I gave $75 for mine. It is a 12mm 3.54 geared unit from an '85 Turbo car that burned with only 50k miles on it. I swapped in a Precision Gear LSD (No spacers needed!) and the pinion yoke from a '78 R200 that I originally swapped into my car, and it was free from a buddy.

I paid 150 with axles from a fellow parting a 280zx out. Ratio was 3.90.

Since then I have purchased 2 parts cars, complete. Both are 83's, one turbo and one NA. I will be parting them out when I have pulled the parts I am interested in.

So I hope to be in the -several hundred dollars range for mine when it's all said and done.

I think a lot of the price has to do with who is pulling it. I showed up at the guys house and he loaded them in the car for me. So I don't think I paid too much.

I would go for the 3.90's myself. At that price I would probably go for both of them if you don't know what your end state combination is going to be. Indecision is an expensive long term option. In other words what do you want to do with the car? You can always sell excess parts later too.

Fast drag car and streetability are at opposite ends of the requirements spectrum. Turbo? Late 5 speed? Do you want to be able to play around with different ratio's? Are you willing to pull the 280z mustache bar and front cross member to match?

Based on what I am assuming, I would go with 3.90's and if you don't already have one, get a 81-83 5 speed to match.

It's just an opinion though, you really need to think about what you like in a car, how will you drive it?

$50 from a R30 Skyline from Japan. 3.9 ratio

Thanks Stony!! :)

A clutch type LSD i might add. Did i really sell that for 50bux:cuss::bonk:

Dont expect to find one of those in the near future.

Maybe a one wheel wonder. The clutch lsd's go for 4-800 depending on the area and what condition they are in and the gearing.