HybridZ

What is your Daily Driver?

JustinOlson

1994 Impala SS. Yes it's real. One day it will be for sale. PM me to be put on the list. It's black on grey, like every other 94 impala.

"mostly" stock, excpet intake, exhaust, pcm, injectors, converter, trans.

Room for 4, and their luggage, and enough power to power brake with 4 and luggage.

mileage = bad. Don't think of it terms of miles per gallon, think in terms of smiles per gallon. It gets great smileage.

I can lay down sideways in the trunk. Weighs twice as much as my 240z

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i can say is that I drive something different! Actually I am very happy with the truck/ car compromise and with the turbo it goes like stink. I needed 4 seats(kids) and wanted a truck bed but didn't want a truck,this is the only car that fit that niche. I really do like it-the looks are definetly subjective :-)

03-baja-hero.jpg

Heres my 280z that I'm currently driving. It just has so many little bugs. I either need to spend a good amount of money making it more driveable, or get a second car.

DSCN1760.JPG

Keep the ideas coming guys!

I'm really tempted to get a Lexus SC300!

BTW, Heres a list of my current annoyances:

All locks except the hatch won't unlock from outside with key.

Heater Core leaks and is unhook

Car runs really rough when it is below 40 degrees and hasn't warmed up for 5-10 minutes

Seats aren't bolted down(s2k seats that I need to weld in brackets for)

No stereo

No Carpet

Stinks a lot more since the CAT blown

Headlight switch in column stopped working so they are currently wired to stay on all the time except for when the car is cranking over

Front diff mount is blown

Fuel pump is on its way out

Need to install Bad Dog frame rails

Damn, I need to work on this car. I didn't drive it regularly since a month ago, but listing all these things out makes me realize how lazy I've been in keeping up with work.

Justin

Heres my 280z that I'm currently driving. It just has so many little bugs. I either need to spend a good amount of money making it more driveable, or get a second car.

DSCN1760.JPG

Keep the ideas coming guys!

I'm really tempted to get a Lexus SC300!

BTW, Heres a list of my current annoyances:

All locks except the hatch won't unlock from outside with key.

Heater Core leaks and is unhook

Car runs really rough when it is below 40 degrees and hasn't warmed up for 5-10 minutes

Seats aren't bolted down(s2k seats that I need to weld in brackets for)

No stereo

No Carpet

Stinks a lot more since the CAT blown

Headlight switch in column stopped working so they are currently wired to stay on all the time except for when the car is cranking over

Front diff mount is blown

Fuel pump is on its way out

Need to install Bad Dog frame rails

Damn, I need to work on this car. I didn't drive it regularly since a month ago, but listing all these things out makes me realize how lazy I've been in keeping up with work.

Justin

Yeah you definately need to give that Z. A good going over. I have found out over the years. That it is quite difficult to restore and or fix a daily driver. Always good to have a more dependable car to drive. So you can work on, and give the Z the attention it so desperately needs. Otherwise, a nice looking Z. Good luck on your daily driver search. And your constant Z project. :-)

2001 Ford Ranger extended cab. Too many hobbies with big pieces, LOL Ya gotta have a truck even if its a pretend truck!

I agree. If you are into the Z car as a hobby, you have to have a truck.

You can buy a decent Chevy or Ford Truck for $6K and then you will have a real truck that could tow your car and not have to worry about soccer moms in SUV's on cell phones. V8 gas mileage is as good as many V-6's.

I drove a 91 Miata for over a decade. Underpowered, low cargo volume, but fun and very tough. I beat it pretty hard and it kept on ticking. Bullet proof little car. I still miss it.

If you get one, the 94 and up with a Torsen limited slip are the ones to get.

95 SL2, uses more oil than gas.. but will still pull 37mpg highway, about 32 mix. Eibachs and KYBs on top of the already stout(for an econobox) suspension make it a fun little ride. It has enough power to merge, but not get me in trouble. On top of all of this, the 95's have the old body with the new interior... can't beat a factory hybrid...

burnouts/not checking oil at every fuel stop kill these cars.

Thanks man! Im truly fortunate to be living my dream, most of which includes the woman of my dreams. A smaller part is my company. An even smaller part encompases the home and that car!

Mike

Mikelly all I have to say is wow.....What I wouldn't give to have that be my daily driver.

Mikelly, really nice ride. I am sure you have aired it out at VIR. :)

My DD when I am not driving the 2500 Duramax Crew Cab,

and my Weekend Driver :)

How has the RX-8 treated you? Heard that the mileage is a bit lower than hoped for, and that the oil needs to be monitored. Mods? Performance?

Drove one, what a blast! Sedate until you wind that motor up, then :mparty: