HybridZ

Got the pics of the 17x10, 315 wide setup

I have corrected the camber problem, and lowered the Pressure to 28 psi, and the tire sits perfectly. It also hooks GOOD now also. I really do need to get it back to the dyno, as 12 PSI feels like 17 used to. I need to get a good tune for above 20 psi. I will not have any 80 mph burn outs any more hopefully :) .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine are r compounds, l run lots of camber which is great for turns but not for straight line traction

There's the problem. I run barely any in the rear but crank it in for autoX. R comps with zero camber are more than enough for turns on the street:wink:.

I will not have any 80 mph burn outs any more hopefully :) .

Hopefully.

Because, seriously, it really is a very special kind of pain-in-the-ass feeling when you break those rear wheels loose at 85 miles an hour, AGAIN.

I really hate having too much power to maintain traction entering fourth gear; it TOTALLY kills the experience of driving for me.

:coollook::lmao:

• 5 months later...
I didn't realize until now that the 2+2's have wider rear fender wells. Kinda explains why this car fits these really wide tires better then others. The car in the link has 275/40-17 on a 17X9.5 -19 offset :)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=923375&postcount=902

Justin

There is no difference between the coupe and the 2+2 when it comes to fender wells. Those wheels don't exactly fit. One good bump, and bye-bye fender lip.

There is no difference between the coupe and the 2+2 when it comes to fender wells. Those wheels don't exactly fit. One good bump, and bye-bye fender lip.

The idea that the 2+2 is wider or that the control arms are longer is a recurring rumor, but I think Pete is right. I checked the FSM for somebody else a while back and couldn't find any differences in the suspension pickup points or anything so that leads me to believe it's all the same back there, whether you're talking about a coupe or a 2+2.

The idea that the 2+2 is wider or that the control arms are longer is a recurring rumor, but I think Pete is right. I checked the FSM for somebody else a while back and couldn't find any differences in the suspension pickup points or anything so that leads me to believe it's all the same back there, whether you're talking about a coupe or a 2+2.

But look at those same wheels, same offset, same tire width on a standard fender coupe:

4a.jpg

The angle in the two photos is different, and the camera is closer to the gold car. Plus like Jon said, the tire brand is different. I've taken 2+2s apart (stripped for parts), and there is no difference in the rear suspension and or fender wells.

For this to be true, the control arms and half shafts would have to be shorter, and the fender wells would have to be deeper. I know for a fact that the half shafts and control arms are the same on all S30s.

Pete

There is no difference, and as a matter of fact, I've got 18X9.5s mounted on my car and fitment isn't an issue with ZG flares.

All of you guys who are trying to understand tires (Especially you, Brian) should take a little trip over to http://www.tirerack.com and read their multiple DIYs and FAQs on tires and WHY the tire Brian is trying to make work on his car "because he got a deal on them" isn't the right approach at all...

Tire and wheel fitment is the one area where you can gain the most performance in handling and stability or the biggest mistake...

Mike

Running a 285/30-18 tire on a 8" wheel is poplular on RX8's in autoX(can't remember the class). It's 2" under what the recomended width is. It works and is fast even though it is not recomended. GRM even did a test with that size. His 315 squeeze is only 1" under the recomended width.