HybridZ

L6 Turbo Header Group Buy

JSM

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding cost, I will expect to be compensated for the shipping and the delta cost between the group buy price and what it takes to make my header the same quality. It would be a bonus to be compensated for my time, effort and fuel cost as well. I doubt there are enough people participating in the group buy for me to be fully compensated for the total header cost, but of course I'm willing if the majority agrees.

I wonder what the group buy price will be? I'm thinking it will be close to $400 at a minimum.

Any thoughts on SSAC using you guys header/"mold" to produce and sell headers now and make money off your header spec?

Good Point, that question needs to be asked. Maybe a special rate is negotiated for this, us, HybridZ?

I often wonder what is defined as a good market for something like this? Curious on what a yearly count of NA headers would be sold through MSA?

Ok guys Now we are getting somewhere. When i bought a zxt stock manifold SSAC actually paid to have the item shipped to them. and im sure they would agree to pay to ship it back. So i would not be to concered with shipping. I will be notifying SSAC tonight about the progress and hopefuly we can get this on the way.

Any thoughts on SSAC using you guys header/"mold" to produce and sell headers now and make money off your header spec?

I'm not sure how we could restrict them from profiting from our mold. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons they have paid for jeffer949's shipping of the OEM manifold. If the HybridZ price is right I don't think I care too much about them making money after the group buy is over.

I'm not sure how we could restrict them from profiting from our mold. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons they have paid for jeffer949's shipping of the OEM manifold. If the HybridZ price is right I don't think I care too much about them making money after the group buy is over.

Agreed, however, I think it would be worth while to ask if the per item rate is as low as they could go. All we can do is ask.

I agree with everyone's comments regarding SSAC using the design. We will be bringing them a lot of business just from this group buy alone. They will undoubtedly sell a ton to other Z enthusiasts as word gets out. I think we should professionally point out to them that, since we will be bringing them so much business, they should give us a good deal. Their original estimate was $200 per header and I would certainly like if they stuck to that. :-D

I doubt there will be a "ton" of buyers for this.

Yeah, I kind of doubt the volume will be anywhere close to what it is for the 240SX, Civic, etc. crowd. Regardless, anything produced in a volume greater than one is going to be cheaper, and we do at least have some potential for a reasonable quantity here, so lets take advantage of it.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Just out of curiosity, why isn't he shipping it directly to SSAC?

Do you need to inspect/catalog/fix it first?

Several reasons. Before I send it to SSAC I need to inspect and photo document the header. If necessary, I will also make any repairs. Second, I will need to receive funds from the group prior to shipping so I'm not in the hole compared to the group buy cost. SSAC will need to provide an estimate once we get them the pics and measurements I will be providing. I will be into the header roughly $1000.00 assuming I need to surface the flanges and have repairs done by a competent TIG welder. The header itself cost me $800.00. I also will be spending time and fuel getting photos and measurements with the header mocked up on an S30 and S130. If the group buy cost for the equivalent header (assuming no jet-hot coating) is say... $500.00 with shipping, I would like the $500.00 difference from the group to make all this fair. Everything I do will be documented and I don't expect to be compensated for every penny but I also don't plan on taking a $500.00 hit for the group. This all assumes that SSAC will be paying for shipping and insurance. I'm open to other ideas and suggestions but this scenario seems the fairest for everyone. If the group decides not to use my header as a template then that's the risk I took.

Can someone start a running list in this thread of the user names (with quantity) who want a group buy header? Let's assume a $500.00 price including shipping from SSAC.

Hi John, Count me in! +1 :P

Awesome!! Thanks sooo Much for this...I'll make sure I have $500 saved soon.

You can even borrow my unused .60 trim T04E if you'd like, for mockup purposes only, and it's a LHD turbo (of course, hehe...) :mparty: