HybridZ

Stop motion video of my L28ET swap this weekend

HoustonZ

Thanks. Actually no, that engine on the stand is a new L28ET from an '82 zx. The engine that came out of the car was a '77 L28 N/A.

I'm going to be running the L28ET on the N/A electronics until I have time to install MSeS/Holset.

Ha, that was really cool. I should do something like that for my fuel cell or something else major.

At 1:17 it says "thats all for tonight". At first I thought it was some sublimenal message...

Ditto. I spent a minute going back and trying to freeze the video on the frame till I could read it.

cool video. But how in the world do you keep things straight working with that many people lol. looked like you had 4 guys on that engine bay at one point. That would drive me nuts. LOL I would have to double check every bodies work so it would end up taking longer than if i did it myself. lol

Hahaha, thank you for such a good response. I wasn't worrying about the fenders anyway. They got damaged in a small accident and I'll be replacing the fenders, hood, valance, and headlight buckets.

I had a few brothers and a friend helping. Things did get crowded sometimes. I mainly had them doing trivial things like the radiator.

I had no idea my brother put that message in at 1:17 until you guys pointed it out. He got a good laugh that people noticed it.

You need music like this. Would have made the video twice as good. :)

It's funny that you mentioned that. As I was watching the video, the only think I kept thinking was how great the theme music from Benny Hill would be..

I hate pulling or installing a motor with anything less than two people total, and if you've got a crew of four or more its easy to keep two people constantly occupied, one as a constant standby/helper, and a fourth or more as a warm body in the background in case they are needed.

There is a reason I say that my family only needs* about an hour or so to switch longblocks, even if some accessories need to be swapped from one motor to another :) The benny hill music IS appropriate, because it almost FEELS like that when you're changing a motor just before a race weekend AGAIN... and any stop-motion motor swap is going to look awkward like that :)

*and I said "needs," its not that we get it done that quick each time... FAR from it. just, that we can if all goes well. An hour(ish) would be our record... I read that paragraph and thought it sounded like I was being a d!ck, so... disclaimer :) I was just pointing out the advantage of a properly selected and numerous enough crew.