HybridZ

I am tired of buying things from hybrid members!

1 fast z

It always seems to be a hassle when buying things from the classifieds. I have had "some" good experiences, but for the most part it is not worth it, if they are out of state. I, in the past got screwed over by a guy saying he had a stroker crank, msd box, arp head bolts, all for 350.00 and 50.00 shipping. Well, I stupidly after talking with him over many emails, sent him paypal. Then BAM, nothing, never a contact or anything. This was a few years ago. Well now recently, I purchased a set of RB26 cams, from a guy named RODGER280ZX, or something to that user name. I sent him a check, and I got a phone number and address from him, for my security. Well, the cams never came, after three weeks, so I called him up. He says he shipped them three weeks ago, I then asked where he mailed them. I told him to mail them to my shop, which is where ALL of my packages get shipped. He decided he could take it upon himself to just ship it to the address on my check, rather than the address I TOLD , and INSTRUCTED him to send the cams. So then I ask him for a tracking number, he clearly states, he did not get one, even though he sent it through USPS, and they are what, 50 cents!!!! Everytime I sell or ship something, I ALWAYS get a tracking number. So then, I check at the address he so called mailed the cams, and nothing there. I have renters (cousins) living in that house where my checks used to be addressed to, and they say that have seen nothing. I then call the local post office and they no nothing. Now this rodger wont return emails or calls, for the matter. I am just fed up with making transactions online, when they are not done through ebay. I have bought over 500 items on ebay, and never had one go bad, but when you buy on here, or zcar.com, seems like someone, is always getting screwed. I guess this is just a warning to others, to be carefull when purchasing online. I will now go through my bank, to see what they can do to get my money back.

I have made 2 purchases from members (ktm and austin) and so far no problem. That is a total of over $1,000. But I did send someone some parts with the promise that he would make a $20.00 donation to the site and he never did. (I'll give no names but he uses a picture of crying fat guy) However, I have had several problems with Ebay sales. One for a couple of hundred dollars.

I feel your pain dude, I just hope that I don’t get screw, I tend to trust everybody until the opposite happens. My respect to you Bryan, specially you that deal with high price items and make a living out making Z’s going fast. I deal with small stuff here and there on hybridZ, I don’t know what I will do, all I know that is super easy for me to track someone down.

Alex

Can you track someone down in New Brunswick for me? :) Might have seen the thread where about me getting a Camaro spoiler instead of a Datsun. Id really like to fly over (have his address and phone #) and beat the crap out of him, take my money and use it to fly home.

I have not bought anything from members here, I have bought a good many things from members of another Z forum, and I have never been anything but pleased-granted I look at their site participation, and the common sense/intelligence they exude on the site as factors in a purchase. On Ebay I have been bitten several times-more frequently by not being careful in my evaluation of the ad, but ocassionally by thieves. Repeating the old adge seems appropriate, Locks keep honest people honest, but thieves will steal no matter what you do.

Along that line, the other Forum has a rating system for transactions through their classifieds, so on the first burn, the seller is toasted.

Will

When buying, I tend to look for people that have been on the board for a while. They may be more likely to be trusted. If I am selling something, and the buyer seems concerned, I will gladly offer my Ebay feedback and my Paypal certification for whatever that's worth. Anyone want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge? Generally, use your common sense. Your gut feeling is usually right.

Generally I do use my gut feeling, which is what I did here, hopefully he is out of town, but doughtfull.

MANY boards have a number next to there name much like ebay does. That way you know how many transactions they have gone through, positive, or negative.

I haven't had a problem, never heard of your problems untill now. Perhaps you should have taken it up with an admin prior to posting. Sometimes there are two sides to a story and it's not fair to hear one side. You may be in the right but we need to hear the entire story to make judgements.

This post was mainly do just give the heads up to others, not to try and put out my side of the story. I have sent many PM's with no answer for weeks. I agree, just do buisness with the guys that have hundreds of post.

I've been burned by members of other forums.

So far all has been well with my transactions through HBZ, that includes the purchase of my 240Z! A little disapointed in one transaction, but I should have payed more attention to the pictures that were posted, and it's minor in the grand scheme of things. I also don't think the seller was trying to decieve me in anyway, I know he stated he didn't know exactly what he had. I chalked it up to a learning experiance. "Look at the pictures closer." ;)

I see this happen on other forums quite a bit unfortunatly.

On one site that I am a moderator of, we have a couple stickies in the classifieds forum, that has one for "rip off artists", which the user also gets a banner attached to thier information bars that says "Rip-off artist".

The other, nicer thread is for people to post thier good experiances in transactions.

It seems to have helped with people getting what they are supposed to, though there are still some transactions that go bad.

When you consider the large number of transactions that are conducted here between members, it's very rare that we have somone screw a member over, and in the past ADMINs have tried to help sort thru the mess... But as David said, it's rare and there's always three sides to a story. Don't get me wrong. There are asshats that screw people over for money, and as times get tougher financially, we'll only see more of it... As always, buyer beware. You're buying someone elses used "stuff".

Mike

This post was mainly do just give the heads up to others, not to try and put out my side of the story. I have sent many PM's with no answer for weeks. I agree, just do buisness with the guys that have hundreds of post.

At least hundreds of posts verifiable as theirs somewhere...

Will