HybridZ

Nissan 370Z - First Official Photos Released

junglist

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PUUUURFECT!!!!

Tail has somewhat of a Porshce-esque style, nose resembles some of the aggressive Honda/Acura offerings.

LOVE IT!

Yeah, i was also thinking Porsche-like in the rear, and kind of RX-8ish in the front.

Not the best pic-mod as I did it quickly in MS Paint, but just did it to give a quick visual.

I like the body, just not feeling the lights. They seem rather large or awkward looking.

I did some quick changes with MS Paint to cutoff the lights in some areas...

370zwithsmallerlights.jpg

I was thinking as i read thru this thread it wouldnt be long before someone came out with headlight covers that cover ups some of those hidiosly huge headlights. then i came across your pic!!!!! NICE.

"The powerplant dishes out 330 horses. And watch out since rumor has it that Nissan might even throw in a 4.5L V8 as an option. (So does that makes it the 450Z?)"

Read this in a review. I doubt it will have a V8 option, but you never know. That would be freaking sweet. I could imagine a Twin Turbo V8 370z. Mmmmmm...... :D

The rear, IMHO, is ruined by the hatch glass starting so high up and ending so low. Looks like a Porsche 928, but not classy.

Then again, just about every car is best viewed in person. Can't wait for a ride, friends G35 4 door 6 speed is VERY awesome, completely stock too. Less weight, more power, what is there to hate?

What is the word on pricing? From what I've heard, it is going to be in the mid 30K's, leaving room for a 240SX-esque vehicle in the mid to high 20K's.

Honestly, I kind of like it. It is definately different. I can see more 240z in the roofline though, which I like. I'm excited to see one in person. I think it will look pretty good. I do think they should have gone with something similar to the original sugar scoop headlights. No necessarily sugar scoops, but the same look. And more of a 240z styled tail light. After the 300zx, that was kind of lost, and I think it could be made really cool if modernized.

Anyone remember this concept Nissan released in 1999? Weird. hahaha

Conceptz.jpg

That Z4 rear window line looks like a modernised version of the 280ZX coupe's. Actually lots of recent euro coupes use S30 and S130 styling cues.

Agreed. I see a lot of Z heritage cues in the z4. Didn't BMW try to take the "Z" as a trademark of their own? I thought Nissan and BMW had a battle over it when Nissan discontinued the Z in '96.

Much better look (longer and sleeker) than the 350Z.

Its actually supposedly 7 inches shorter overall than the 350Z with shorter overhangs at the front & rear bumpers.

370Z wheelbase - 99 inches (approximate)

350Z wheelbase - 104.3 inches

300ZX wheelbase - 91.3 (Z31 coupe)

300ZX wheelbase - 96.5 (Z32 coupe)

280ZX wheelbase - 91.3 (coupe)

240Z wheelbase - 90.7 (same on all S30's except 2+2)

I still prefer the current 350 convertible over either the 350 or 370 hard top. It has much more distinct and exclusive styling. I wonder what a ragtop 370 will look like????...or if its even in the stars?

On the negative side....the current 350 ragtop has a bit more chassis flex than it should!

edit........Just noticed this link from below...The 370 as shown in these shots is sharp! In particular I like the front facia...much better than the sucker face 350! (mind you not keen on the teeth) The subtle cues from the 240 also fit in ...as do the larger appearing fender flares. Interior seems too much the same, I hope the materials are improved. For instance.....The doors panels in my 350 are cheapo.