HybridZ

Yet to see a radical 280zx show your 280

Guest sam's79280zx

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rdelat - I saw some larger pictures of your 280ZX somewhere but cannot remember where. What you've done with the front and back is exactly what I've been envisioning. I know it's probably all custom fabrication - is it metal or fiberglass, and do you have any plans to sell the panels? Thanks.

its god forsaken front bumper that makes babies cry over the 280zx. Everything else has that 80's love that i love :(

Speak for yourself, I think they stock bumper looks better than any a/m bumper I've seen, however it certainly benefits from an air dam.

The back end is the weak link though. Bumper sticks out too far, and tailights are just plain ugly.

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a tail light thing like that?? Is anyone making them or can i order one from some where?

Those are C4 Corvette tails [84-9X, I forget which year they went square.]

This guy did all of this himself, thats a welded in panel, not a part you can buy.

280ZX has timeless lines and just needs lowering with wide wheels to look great. Tacking on S30 flares just does not work, to do a sympathetic wide body job requires the guards to be boxed which of course involves metal surgery. Which is not cheap and which I am yet to see a good example of for the S130.

And the fiberglass 'aero' kit stuff looks awful, sorry.

280ZX has timeless lines and just needs lowering with wide wheels to look great. Tacking on S30 flares just does not work, to do a sympathetic wide body job requires the guards to be boxed which of course involves metal surgery. Which is not cheap and which I am yet to see a good example of for the S130.

I agree ..

I have to say when it comes to aftermarket stuff i love the Arita speed G nose, I have a real 'box flare' isma kit ill put on my 78, and the g nose probably on the BMW V8 s130

You dont need flares as i sport 10J rears and 9 front in the stock fenders!!

Speak for yourself, I think they stock bumper looks better than any a/m bumper I've seen, however it certainly benefits from an air dam.

The back end is the weak link though. Bumper sticks out too far, and tailights are just plain ugly.

lol well obviously it's a matter of opinion here. I think the rear bumper could use work too.

i just can't stand that "bumper forward" design on any car. which is why i think the cars from 87+ had a more clean, but not necessarily nicer look.

What exactly do you mean by "guards?"

Very nicely done. Those fender edge arches are suspiciously similar to the ‘87-‘89 Z-31 fender archs… :2thumbs:

Hmm. I took these pics at the Dallas ZCON in 2006. The gold ZX is simply the most badass ZX I have ever seen. I saw it once before at the Long Beach ZCON in '04.

It belongs to the Japanese Z Club Prez, Tetsu. The Japanese club had several cars shipped over for the convention. This car I believe used Z31 wheel arch flares. It had the entire rear sub frame from a Z32 grafted in, RB26DETT motor, Fiberglass doors, Skyline wheels, and so forth. Supposedly dynoed 700+ in Japan.

BTW that's my red ZX in front of it. :-D

Guess you missed post 7 and 17