HybridZ

Recent Transaction w/ Hybridz member

mark

I see posts all the time about transactions gone bad. I thought I would post a positive story.

I recently posted a parts wanted add. I had several members contact me. I bought a set of fenders from one-tuffz. I paid thru paypal. David packed and shipped the parts the next day. I pick up the parts at the local bus station and they were exactly as advertised. I paid on Sunday and had the parts in my hands on Tuesday. That is how it is supposed to be done.

I also had another member offer me a set of fenders but he later retracted his offer because he thought they might not be as nice as I was looking for.

Both of these guys have been around here a long time.

Thanks guys.

:2thumbs: Cool! Bad news travels fast and furiously, good news rarely gets told. Bringing someone down a notch or two never raises you up a notch or two. I think by and large most of the transactions are on the up and up. I have never had a problem and have bought from several members, some newer some long time members.

• Administrators

In 18 years, I've only had two deals go bad with Datsun folk, and neither was for very much money. Not bad, in my opinion. 'Datsun people' are generally upstanding... its one of the biggest reasons I stick around.

On an RC forum I used to frequent, there was simply another subforum in the B/S/T section titled 'Trader Feedback'. If you bought from someone, you started a thread titled as their user name and gave feedback, good or bad. That would be pretty cool to have here.

Iv had great buying experiance from folks here at HBZ, I think for the most part were all honast guys who just love our Dattos and are willing to lend a hand to our fellow enthusiast.

Recently got all my stuff from 240z!!!, DatsunD and aziza z pretty quick and at great prices (thanks guys)

My experiences have been positive with members here and on Zcar. One thing that might help for buyers, is to make sure the person you are dealing with is an "active" member and isn't just someone that "stops by" to sell parts.

The problem with a feedback forum is that you need someone to actively manage it and research the valid posts, both positive and negative.

As for feedback, let me kind of sum it up. IMO If you or someone else is jacking other members around here, you will be gone. Kind of like a self-eject button where each person is responsible for his or her conduct here. If you abuse that then you can go visit some other site. IMO we don't need a feedback rating cause if it's bad then your outta here.

On an RC forum I used to frequent, there was simply another subforum in the B/S/T section titled 'Trader Feedback'. If you bought from someone, you started a thread titled as their user name and gave feedback, good or bad. That would be pretty cool to have here.
RadioControlZone, perchance? I know they had a trader feedback section.

The biggest issue Ive noticed is so many people saying "sending payment now..." or expressing alot of interest just to forget about it. A few days later nothing, week nothing, 3 weeks nothing. It really sucks having boxed something up and have it sitting in the car to never get payment. I had a set of quarter windows in my car for a little over a month... just dropped them off at UPS yesterday! Had the same problem with an intake manifold, armrest and a few other things.

I see posts all the time about transactions gone bad. I thought I would post a positive story.

I recently posted a parts wanted add. I had several members contact me. I bought a set of fenders from one-tuffz. I paid thru paypal. David packed and shipped the parts the next day. I pick up the parts at the local bus station and they were exactly as advertised. I paid on Sunday and had the parts in my hands on Tuesday. That is how it is supposed to be done.

I also had another member offer me a set of fenders but he later retracted his offer because he thought they might not be as nice as I was looking for.

Both of these guys have been around here a long time.

Thanks guys.

mark, thank you for the kind words and taking the time to post them. long ago someone told me the only part of myself that i have any real control over is my integrity/reputation and i work hard on both.

that said, those two are predominant here on hbz and part of the reason i 'hang around' here!

The biggest issue Ive noticed is so many people saying "sending payment now..." or expressing alot of interest just to forget about it. A few days later nothing, week nothing, 3 weeks nothing. It really sucks having boxed something up and have it sitting in the car to never get payment. I had a set of quarter windows in my car for a little over a month... just dropped them off at UPS yesterday! Had the same problem with an intake manifold, armrest and a few other things.

That has happened a bunch of times to my BIL Matman. I've been telling him to just put stuff on ebay and advertise it here, that way at least it gets sold and most likely paid for.

Sorry to hijack your thread again Mark, but in the same line of thought, another member here helped me out.

JSM pm'ed me to offer me to dismantle tham for me so... he went to the scrapyard, dismantled calipers for me, mis-communication led to another trip to the yard, boxed up the parts, sent it here in Canada and received the package today.

I am a very happy person.

Some guys here would go more than out of their way to help another, this is what makes this site so great.

Thanks JSM

Dayz

I'd like to jump in and echo positive experiences with 1TuffZ. I have dealt with him on here and through ebay. He is a stand up guy. Wish he lived closer, as I I'd to learn how he always seems to have access to so many choice parts.

Thanks David!!!!

If you ever come though Dayton, Ohio dinner is on me.

Jay