HybridZ

Another Z find, this time while working....

EvilC

I was called today and she can be mine for.........................$1000.

What you guys think?

I think you need to pass me Satan's digits, I want in on this bargain you've got with him......

Buy it, flip it, put the money into the other car. Be patient selling it, get it to good running condition first, and sell it for $3500 or more to someone at classiczcars.com.

Pour the money into your other car, or better yet, another car altogether..... Come on, You KNOW you've got that pact with Satan going on..... another car will come. 19xx?!!?!?! that HAS gotta be worth some scratch.

Those are the guys who do the real hard work during storms -->hats off to them.

No I work as a project manager in the new construction dept. When we have storms, my group goes out and calls in the damage in the "hot" spots. Reporting back which crews are needed and what is needed for the job. Example of where I found this car: (5) 45' poles needed, 4 50kva single phase transformers, primary and secondary wires, tree crew to cut up trees in the road, sight safety (burning hot wires on ground). I will update if I can with pics of this road.

Interesting, I design distribution for the provincial power utility. I also have a journeyman ticket and used to do repair work during storms. Fun stuff.

Looking at Clive'e big picture...this is my suggestion:

LS1 Z: (track days)

Keep the LS1 Z (EvilZ) as is. It is pretty well dialed in and has all the parts that anyone would ever need on a Z, Patch up some minor rusty panels, have the cage welded in place, cut the fender lips off and add some BAMF ZG flares, throw on a coat of "track day quality paint", have the wiring neatly cleaned up. DONE. Track car with streetability.

Bob Sharp Special Red Z: (profit maker)

Clean it up with detailing, get it running with carbs and fuel system cleanup, put a history log book together with all the awesome history Bob Sharp papers and catalogs that came with the car, Sell it for a 100% profit.

This New Z: (turbo street show sleeper)

Use the money from the sale above, fix the minor external rust on the car with welded panels, paint it show quality, put in the turbo motor and an R200, put in some basic street performance part suspension, and nice wheels. Keep it stock in appearance.

Looking at Clive'e big picture...this is my suggestion:

LS1 Z: (track days)

Keep the LS1 Z (EvilZ) as is. It is pretty well dialed in and has all the parts that anyone would ever need on a Z, Patch up some minor rusty panels, have the cage welded in place, cut the fender lips off and add some BAMF ZG flares, throw on a coat of "track day quality paint", have the wiring neatly cleaned up. DONE. Track car with streetability.

Bob Sharp Special Red Z: (profit maker)

Clean it up with detailing, get it running with carbs and fuel system cleanup, put a history log book together with all the awesome history Bob Sharp papers and catalogs that came with the car, Sell it for a 100% profit.

This New Z: (turbo street show sleeper)

Use the money from the sale above, fix the minor external rust on the car with welded panels, paint it show quality, put in the turbo motor and an R200, put in some basic street performance part suspension, and nice wheels. Keep it stock in appearance.

Agreed, for the most part. Only, Personally I would keep the Bob Sharp Z, and I'd flare the new Z. It's got rusty fender lips... it's begging for some flares.

Ok Ok, I was just teasing! Of course I am going to pick it up for $1K. Not sure how happy my mother will be about that =)

Honestly now my problem is as stated above by Dave. I was thinking about pulling the v8 out of the EVIL Z and throwing it in the Bob Sharp Z. The L30ET will def go in the 70 car! Another train of thought is to do exactly what Dave said and sell the BS car but I am not quick to sell a Z that is clean, pretty rust free, complete int, dash isn't cracked and on and on. I would trade the Z (red one) for a really clean 510 coupe if I could. Who knows what to do? =)

That makes more sense. I was wondering why it was so rusted with only 24K on it, of course it is the great white North, LOL. Nice find anyway.

Forgot to mention. After looking at the car the next day I told her the miles had rolled over and had 124k. When she saw it she thought only 24k...either way the car was only on the road for 6 years....paint missing from the wheel just looked like surface rust getting to it. The slight mold in the car tells me that the garage it was in wasn't vented and caused that process.

Either way....all that original stuff is going if I get it. This is HBZ, lmao!

Mike if I can get my LS1 Z to look as nice as yours than I will stop finding these cars....Joe....I only find them so I can tell you! =P

Clive and I spoke, and what's not apparent in this thread, is that his goal is a stock appearing street turbo Z, and a flared LS1 track Z. That's why I came up with the plan I did. IMHO, I don't think it's worth dismantling the entire LS1Z (EvilZ) and the entire Red (B.Sharp)Z, and then swapping EVERYTHING over to the red Z just to get the flares.

I'd keep all 3,....More are sure to follow:smile:

NO MORE, unless they are part cars of course....or maybe I should get every yr 240z. This would mean I need a 69 and 72!

Seriously though, I really have to think about what I am going to do here. The more I think about it the more I want to trade the BSR (red car) away for a 510 coupe and if not then Ebay. If all else fails....I'll just keep them all and make Tom happy.

This would mean L30ET --> 70

Stock --> 71

V8 --> 73

Hmmm, have to think about this.