HybridZ

What was your first ride???????

jasper

My first car was given to me by my godmother, a 1989 Toyota Corolla 4 door - 5 speed. That car lasted about 12 days before I put it into a tree (i was 17). So my real first car that I bought was a few months later after my father finally gave in to let me drive again was a 1984 Datsun Nissan Maxima with 51k miles. Still own that car 6 years later and it still hasn't broken 100k! lol I bought the car for $2500 after watching my dad pay $265 for it...it was a tough lesson to swallow.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first car was a 1971 Camaro. What a hunk that was. Body mounts were rotted away, suspension sagging, beat 350. But I brought it back from the dead and sunk every dollar a young teenager could into it. Too bad I didn't keep it. Man I should have kept a lot of the cars I had.

'72 Datsun 510. My brother and I bought the car before my senior (and his junior) year of high school---we had to be "cool" and couldn't stand the thought of mom driving us to school. We bought a cherry 510 that had Koni's, Mulholland phase III suspension, Cyclone header, 2.5" exhaust, yadda yadda. I miss that car :(

Davy

My first car was a 1964 Rambler 660 Classic 2 door (with fold down seat backs so the whole int. was 1 big bed, can you say drive-in movie).It cost $75.00 with a spun crank bearing. I had that fixed the first weekend and was the envy of all my friends(Ha Ha). It didn't need paint but Iwas determand so I got some left over HOUSE paint,roller and went to town.It was one sweet looking ride when I was done.I ended up having someone back into it at a 7/11 anf got $150.00 for the damage. I had saved enought money by then to buy my first of 8 Datsun 510's. It was great times.

'66 Mustang when I was 14. 289 2V, 3 speed on the floor. Still havnt drove it, almost 5 years later. First car I drove to school was my '76 Ford Maverick, 250 six, C4 auto, bench seat, disc brakes, power steering, original paint. Fairly nice car, I got for 500 bucks almost 2 years ago. It was totaled, and has since donated its disc brakes towards my Mustang, which is now my project car.

1979 Chevy Camaro Berlinetta SS(grandpa thought it would be fun to race out a chick car, hella fast fun). 30 over 350, edelbrock headers and 4 barrel carb, edelbrock intake with K&N filter, electric fan and water pump, race tuned automatic trans, turned 130mph at 3/4 throttle, wish I hadn't blown it up, against a honda of all things.

1972 triumph spitfire. $300 when I was 14. Runs now, needs floors. never had it on the road, just cruising around the yard with the bonnet flipped up with a funnel full of gas running to the carb. one day...maybe a SCCA race project who knows, no time now.

Recently purchased 72 240z L28T RUST free! $3000 t5 tranny, eibach springs, koni shocks, R200, 4 wheels disc brakes, currently stripping paint to find a wonderful thing called metal.

Mine was also a BRIT. 76 MGB.Wish i had it now because its value as gone up dramaticaly,piad 500.00 in 1983.

1979 Corolla - 71 cubic inches baby!

Bought it for $1 in 1995 from my Grandpa (Original owner) with 39,000 miles on it (grovery getter).

had to scrap it in 2001 when the clutch went out on the way from Seattle to San Jose when the clutch went out...long story.

Was boatloads of fun....rear wheel drive, 5 speed, light. I really abused that car and wish I still had it to nurse back to health!!