HybridZ

Evos 9sec 2jz build - 9's, 8's, and 7's done going for 6 sec pass now!

So time finally came to get my dash redone. Really good friend of mine Kris has been doing custome stereo work for over 25 years and he really knows his shit when it comes to this kind of work. I just told him what I wanted done with the dash and he did his witchcraft. This is what he came up with.

Starting point one very fucked up "dash"

3-18-3013071.jpg

3-18-3013068.jpg

I was hoping that he would make a cake but instead I got this shit (he blocked every hole with backing plate before he filled them up)

3-18-3013075.jpg

3-18-3013074.jpg

3-18-3013087.jpg

3-18-3013091.jpg

First test fit of the Race Pak

3-18-3013097.jpg

Bondo work

IMG_64732.jpg

IMG_64762-1.jpg

Edited by Ivan280zt

Heart attack!! I am so hooked cant wait for the finale. I adore the brake system set up and valve cover color match with engine bay "Nutty"(nt the toyota emblem). Soo inspired to continue my project too (73 240z). :icon47:  :icon54: Thumbs up!!

Sir we need to talk haha. I currently own a 93.5 toyota supra and a 1978 z car that has a small block 350 which I am considering combining the two. I literally spent 5yrs tearing my z down and making the same modifications that you have done over your build so I can completely relate. I would love to share some tips of what I did with mine and know more about the specifics of what it took to get the 2jz to fit. Feel free to message me or call (570) 237-7483. By the way awesome job car is gunna be amazing!!!

Did he put any fiberglass cloth on the dash, or just resin straight on the old plastic? Wow!!

He put bondo on first where it was needed then he put the resin on.

Sir we need to talk haha. I currently own a 93.5 toyota supra and a 1978 z car that has a small block 350 which I am considering combining the two. I literally spent 5yrs tearing my z down and making the same modifications that you have done over your build so I can completely relate. I would love to share some tips of what I did with mine and know more about the specifics of what it took to get the 2jz to fit. Feel free to message me or call (570) 237-7483. By the way awesome job car is gunna be amazing!!!

To be honest everything about my swap is in this build thread I find myself going back just to remind myself what was done and how I did it lol.

Its always fun to see what your up to. Iove what you did with the dash! Are you going to hit the dyno soon?

Not any time soon man. I got new house so last month and next two months are nothing but house and garage work... When house work is done I have to finish exhaust, fill up trans/connect torque convertor/check for leaks, alignment, and chassy wiring harness... So still ways to go.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any progress?

Man to be honest this is first time in last few months that I even got chance to log in here and see whats going on... Lets see as of month ago I moved in my new house spent every last dime on remodeling and furnishing house for last 6 months. Garage is all done as far as floor, walls, ceiling, and lights go. Last coat of clear for the floor went on few days ago and today I removed everything that was taped up... Z is sitting at my buddies house every two or so weeks I go by there and spin motor few good times. Oh yeah I had to get turbo rebuild (something got caught up in both oil seals and messed everything up) and it ended up being cheaper to get whole new center section. I still have to get cabinets installed in garage and move my tool box from parents house than I can get Z back and start working on it.

• 3 months later...

Nice build you beat me.by 5 years ;).

Nah man still got at least five more years to go before its clean as your Z!

Looks great.  I've been following your build.  What rear tire and who's flare is that?

Dont remember flare brand they should be somewhere in this thread. Rear tires are 275/50-15 MT drag radials.

Sounds absolutely wicked. Also, you've pretty much done what I want to do as far as the colors.. Original red with black accents (flares etc). Awesome build, I wish I had a 1/10th of the talent you have displayed with this build.

I was just in right places at right times. Most important I got some good experince working for  AMS in Chicago and had alot of help from very talented friends!

Edited by Ivan280zt

Just spent the last few hours reading this whole thread and I must say this is hands down one of the best builds i have read . This makes me what to go more in depth with the build of my 75 280 ( wife will not be happy ) and  I must tip my hat to you and your friends who have helped you . Very good fab work and paint and dash work , I now plan on keeping up with this page . and congrats on the house and on the wheels turning under their power . 

• 2 weeks later...