HybridZ

video Garrett GT-35R install L28ET

big-phil

HECK YEAH PHIL!!.. Dang man I cannot believe you already have that thing back on the road! Im still contemplating the wastegate positioning. and what exactly Im going to do! I thought about using one of thoes T3-T3 spacers but I didnt know how close the exhaust housing of the turbo was going to be to the brake distribution block down there by the frame rail. Can you take a couple of pics for me? Also how close is the wastegate to the intake manifold and how close is the flange of the wastegate to the exhaust manifold?

Looking great man, I cannot wait to see some vids of her on the road!

Gabe

Awesome job Phil. It's great to see you progress some more with the car. I am anxious to hear how much better this turbo is going to be. I am betting you will see some nice #'s with this turbo. I love the end just listening to the turbo spinning. Nice. ;)

HECK YEAH PHIL!!.. Dang man I cannot believe you already have that thing back on the road! Im still contemplating the wastegate positioning. and what exactly Im going to do! I thought about using one of thoes T3-T3 spacers but I didnt know how close the exhaust housing of the turbo was going to be to the brake distribution block down there by the frame rail. Can you take a couple of pics for me? Also how close is the wastegate to the intake manifold and how close is the flange of the wastegate to the exhaust manifold?

Looking great man, I cannot wait to see some vids of her on the road!

Gabe

I had to trim the manifold just a bit so the WG would not hit. I'll get some pics.

Cool vid Phil!! You work quickly! So seat of tha pants any difference compared to the HY35?

Yasin

Yes better than the HY. 16 ish pounds with a quick 2 min tune feels VERY strong. had to richen the whole map, so you no its getting more air for sure! My dump pipe is about 6 inches long, so once I get in it the inside of the car fills with fumes. I think I'm going to pipe it back into the down pipe? Its LOUD when the waste gate opens. Here is a little vid from my phone after a little tune of the haltech

I know its too late now but couldnt you use long studs in the manifold to prevent the need for nuts on the adapter. After the broken stud was drilled and retapped. Great work by the way!!

well the waste gate hole bulged out so the bolt would not go through both holes on that side. The adapter itself is kinda jacked up.

well the waste gate hole bulged out so the bolt would not go through both holes on that side. The adapter itself is kinda jacked up.

I had one of those adapters too, or one very similar.

Tombarace14 mentioned it and this is how I had to do it and it would have worked fine if the turbo didn't hit the fender well on my ZX. A simple cutoff wheel on a die grinder works well, just don't go all the way through the pipe.

(Pardon the rough drawing).

Adapteridea.jpg

Electrical tape works better than the duct tape. It wont get your tools all sticky. But looks good phil. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for that turbo?
paid $725 for the turbo from e-bay. I guess If I had a drill press I could of drilled past the wastegate flange area?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...