HybridZ

How many jackstands does it take?

mobythevan

got you beat by two.

6 ton stands, 2 sets of 4 =8

3 ton stands, 2 sets of 4 =8

6 ton stands, 2 singles =2

18 total. Wish whoever borrowed the other two would bring them back. You are right though. It is feast or famine with jack stands. You are either tripping over them because you don't have any cars in the air, or you have them all under cars with no wheels when you are trying to do a simple oil change.

Greg Kring

71 series one L28T

I have 4 two ton stands, two floor jacks, a scissor jack, and two ramps.

I used to have a pair of huge ramps made from pressure treated 4x4's and 2x12's. Ramps were 10ft long, and hooked on to a 2ft by 2ft by 14" high base where the wheels would rest. Plenty sturdy, and plenty heavy and bulky. I dismantled them and used the wood for other projects since then, but were very handy when needed. I see a type of metal ramp system (talked about on this forum) in my future.

10....4 big ones and 6 small ones. Dont use them much since I picked this up....

KwikLift045.jpg

KwikLift047.jpg

Its not as good as a lift but easier than stands. Depending on what Im doing I still have to use a couple of stands with the kwiklift as I havent fugured out how to levitate one end of the car when I take the wheels off.:shock:

6 ton jackstands - 4

4 ton jackstands - 4

2 ton jackstands - 4

Pole jack - 2

Trans jack - 1

6 ton floor jack - 1

2 ton floor jack - 1

2 post asymetric lift - 1

I got too much ♥♥♥♥...

So you wanna up the ante huh...

OK... well since were now including pole jacks and regular jacks...

Various jack stands - 14 (accounted for)

2 post asymmetric lift - 1

Pole jack - 1

6 ton floor jack - 1

2 ton floor jack - 3 (but one is broken)

OEM screw jacks - 35 (why don’t we get rid of them!?!?!)

Home made wooden "ramps" - About 10 all various heights

1 ton engine hoist - 1

Hydraulic press - 1

got you beat by two.

6 ton stands, 2 sets of 4 =8

3 ton stands, 2 sets of 4 =8

6 ton stands, 2 singles =2

18 total. Wish whoever borrowed the other two would bring them back. You are right though. It is feast or famine with jack stands. You are either tripping over them because you don't have any cars in the air, or you have them all under cars with no wheels when you are trying to do a simple oil change.

Greg Kring

71 series one L28T

Still winning with 18, but I do have a two post lift as well. I had it for awhile, but just recently aquired the room to install it. A rotisserie and a full set of goJacks round out the specialty equipment. Doing major suspension changes or sheetmetal replacement requires lots of jackstands unless you have some kind of frame table to put the car on.