HybridZ

Phlebmaster's 240Z Evolution, 56k fah-getta-bout-it. ;-)

Small update :burnout:

If my car does not sell by 11/14/09 I am going to put in an R-200 and 5spd and EI dizzy and what ever other cool thing I can find to stick into my baby. :mrgreen:

I will have pics of my loot after tomorrow. :)

I do not want to sell this car...but that may not be a problem. I have had 4 people just flake out...it is really disgusting how people can make you jump through hoops and waste your time just to say..."Nah, I changed my mind." :evil: This whole selling my zcar thing sucks to begin with and then to get told one thing then they don't show up just really makes for a stressful time. That is why I put a time limit on my for sale ad. I figure if it don't sell then I was destined to keep her. lol

Edited by Phlebmaster

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem when i tried to sell mine, everyone talked the talk, but nobody had the walk or the cash in hand.

Yeah, I had one person actually come out and test drive it. But he was not ready to take on a project like mine. I can understand that.

I had another guy who was nice enough to at least call and say he changed his mind. The rest make arrangements and then just don't show up and won't return calls. :(

I guess I need to stop whinning and be happy that I may not sell the car. :mrgreen: I will have to get back to modifying the heck out of her.

I can't wait to install what I have to put into my car after tomorrow. :)

I had another guy who was nice enough to at least call and say he changed his mind. The rest make arrangements and then just don't show up and won't return calls. :(
I'll admit, I've been the guy who changed his mind. However, I did call to tell him I didn't want it so he could go back to selling it and so as not to waste his time. I didn't appreciate the attitude he gave me when I politely told him I had changed my mind because I didn't want another project that was way over my head.

Oh well. Good luck with the sale... or perhaps in this case, maybe not?

Got bored tonight and decided to shave my side markers and fill those rear bumper bolt holes. :)

2v2w2kj.jpg

4vfhap.jpg

34dflv4.jpg

1pjafo.jpg

2h5mslx.jpg

sorry for quoting the pics, but it was on like page 3 and i didnt know if you guys would remember what i was talking about. but is it a bad idea to do that with bondo, b/c the next post after this one was someone talking about longevity issues. i planned on bondo-ing the same exact stuff he did. can i just glue a plate underneath it keep the bondo from falling through, then bondo, then sand accordingly?

oh and what was the front air dam you got ahold of, i think its on page 3 or 4 or something? im looking for one just like that.

Filler should be less than 1/8 in thick. Filler absorbs moisture, moisture = rust.

Those conditions make it not suitable for filling large areas. The correct way is weld in new metal and then use filler to blend if needed. Fiberglass is also another acceptable way to shave the markers and tail.

Filler should be less than 1/8 in thick. Filler absorbs moisture, moisture = rust.

Those conditions make it not suitable for filling large areas. The correct way is weld in new metal and then use filler to blend if needed. Fiberglass is also another acceptable way to shave the markers and tail.

well if i had like the makeshift backing plate for it, the filler would be about 1/8" thick. and right after i did the filler id paint over it. but ive been told a bunch also, the less bondo, the better.

and what kinda fiberglass? like is there some sort of kit i can buy at home depot or autozone?

sorry for quoting the pics, but it was on like page 3 and i didnt know if you guys would remember what i was talking about. but is it a bad idea to do that with bondo, b/c the next post after this one was someone talking about longevity issues. i planned on bondo-ing the same exact stuff he did. can i just glue a plate underneath it keep the bondo from falling through, then bondo, then sand accordingly?

oh and what was the front air dam you got ahold of, i think its on page 3 or 4 or something? im looking for one just like that.

I put steel plates behind the holes first. That is a must...I don't think the bondo would be able to support itself without it. My bondo work is still standing up...so you are on the right track. I would suggest welding the metal plate in.

The front dam is an MSA I believe...not sure. :)

I put steel plates behind the holes first. That is a must...I don't think the bondo would be able to support itself without it. My bondo work is still standing up...so you are on the right track. I would suggest welding the metal plate in.

The front dam is an MSA I believe...not sure. :)

yeah thats what i wanted to do. but did you weld them in, or glue them in, or tape, or what?

and do you know what kinda MSA airdam? theres a few. haha

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/7AD1

I will have an opportunity to pay off some bills that have been hanging over our heads.

I hear ya there......I've been out of work since the end of January....no luck yet finding something in my field or that pays enough. Too bad you can't find a better way to pay those bills than selling your Z though...hehe.

Greg