HybridZ

fender flare install video

Guest ttoude

Guest ttoude

Fender flare install series, Enjoy the anger

Caution;

The owner of that Z let his eyes get bigger than his stomach. the tires are HUGE with the OG 4 lug pattern (Mistake!!). the tortional scrub of a tire that size will eventually pop some luggs off at speed.

Also, 235r tires and manual steering

The other pics of flared Z's will show you the propper fit but Petes a good guy and he did a fantastic job despite an overzealous customer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/swrnc#p/u/56/6kWFnYo05yE

Edited by ttoude

By marking where the tire is next to the car I think you're missing a couple things. The hub won't be at the same height with the new wheels, because the tires are taller. When you mount the wheels, the hubs will move up, so the fenders will move up in relation to the top of the tire. Assuming that it was a good way to measure (and it isn't), once you put the wheels and tires on, the suspension still has travel, so you don't know that you'll have clearance for the wheels as the suspension moves. The proper way to do this job is to put the wheel and tire on the car, remove the suspension springs, and compress the suspension to the bump stops, and make sure that you cut enough metal out so that you can get it all the way compressed without the tire hitting the fender.

Here is another thread that has pictures of doing it the right way, along with pictures of several people who did this wrong on their car and had to move the flares up.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/47525-how-to-mount-them-there-zg-flares/

Going to this guys YouTube page and watching the rest of the series (9 videos total), I can safely say that I think he is one socket short of a full set. Not sure I'd let this guy do any work for me AND definitely do NOT want to cross him.

Wow...

Didn't u hear? He clearly states at 0:09 that it's a 260z. :D

I don't see what the problem of the tire size and it being a 4 lug. Sure maybe if he never torques the lugs and is running r-compound slicks all the time, but not checking the torque on lugs consistently and diligently is stupid.

The guy might be eccentric, but if you go to the youtube link and got to the link to his body shop the finish car looks pretty good. He utilize body panel adhesive to attach the rear fenders after cutting them to install ZG flares rather than welding very interesting.

]Yeah he used the adhesive because the rear quarters were replaced with fiberglass skins, you cant weld fiberglass. Ive been looking at his other videos with some other cars that look pretty good. I believe he just lacked the experience/knowledge of how to install the flares correctly.

Edited by Mr.Roboto

WHAT WHEELS ARE THOSE....EFFIN SICK....seriously though if any one knows the brand post it up in the original post, they are deeeep and nice.

HAHA LMAO that guy is actually only about 10 miles from me lol i think ill go ask him but definately take my gun juuussst incase.

Edited by sticky280zx

• 1 month later...

I think they look pretty good.... but i bet it sucks with no power steering, turnin those baby's :)

Also where in the world do you guys get aftermarket rims?

Also why get carbon fiber if your not going to show it? Lots of money spent just for saving not very much weight.

If you get CF show it .

Edited by Dunlop