HybridZ

What Did You Do To YOUR Car Today?

Daphur280

That sounds like what I deal with almost everyday (Discount Tire Service tech).

Funny, same here, I was going to ask why you would pay for a VCR and valve caps?

Nothing today, YET! Pulling an all nighter to get this baby road worthy more quickly. Going to be in Nashville over the next few days after today so I am required to accomplish something.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I had a busy weekend. Finally installed my Webers along with new studs, a new manifold gasket and exhaust flange gasket. First start was Saturday, 2:30am.

P1020036.jpg

Plenty of stuff still left to do. Adjusting throttle linkage, lots of engine bay cleanup is needed and that exhaust manifold bothers me (air tubes, ugh). I have a Clifford header in the garage, but I need to have the flange straightened.

I just looked at it and tried to remember what it was like to drive it (snow on the ground for the last 2 weeks). Couple of days ago I installed an inertia switch to interupt the fuel pump if I crash it or invert it-heaven forbid. Waiting on brakes from Arizona Z.

Wow, I can finally post something here, although it is only very minimal it is still inportant to my car's completion. I blasted the old rusty battery tray clean so I can bring it to the shop that is doing all the professional welding/metal fab that is beyond my skill level. I also found a 240 dash that is in way better condition than mine, and will make a much better candidate for the SEM rebuild treatment.

Wow, I can finally post something here, although it is only very minimal it is still inportant to my car's completion. I blasted the old rusty battery tray clean so I can bring it to the shop that is doing all the professional welding/metal fab that is beyond my skill level. I also found a 240 dash that is in way better condition than mine, and will make a much better candidate for the SEM rebuild treatment.

What is the SEM rebuild treatment?

Didn't do anything today but yesterday I installed one bumpsteer spacer and a eibach spring, Now just to find the time to do the rest and borrow a Lug removal tool from work to break off the bolts on the otherside so I can put the other Bumpsteer spacer on. Then a lot of saving and spending so when it warms up I can have a "finish the Z" marathon haha.