HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

What do you guys think about tires. Should I go with Wide ZG and run a 315ish vs my current 295, or just put a DOT slick on my current wheels (11.5 wide), or slicks on wider rims and flares... I dont want thing car to look like one big ass tire, as its getting close now.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the rear suspension needs more work? My car had no traction problems with 360rwhp with 275 Nittos, my mates 500rwhp VQ30 powered S13 has a little less traction but that is only running 255s.

Well that's not encouraging. I have a build good for near 400hp and I'll only be running 245's......

cant throw down into any gear but 4th with it just lighting up. If i downshift then ease in its ok. Waiting on price on a rebuild and upgrade to triple. I have emailed carbonetic and they say the twin with the street plate is only rated for 500hp, so if im running over 10 psi, im over the limits. I need to look into the tilton/quartermaster style throwout bearing so i can run the normal plate, but then maybe the street disk and a triple would be ok, they say 700 on that. All that said my rb26 would slip the twin so i dont know.

Could you run boost by gear, or aftermarket traction control, this works well on high power fwd's - will put as much power down as possible but not let the wheels spin up more than they should therfore giving you maximum acceleration. Should work equally well on RWD

I do do boost by gear and boost by vehicle speed. Im on the wastegate spring at the moment, trying to wait till i dyno tune the high boost to see how much my boost solenoid will yield, then back off the spring some if i have enough adjustabilty. on a 12 psi spring i will probably only be able to boost like 18ish...