HybridZ
Derek

Twin cam head for the L6 from Derek at Datsunworks

VCT cam cores are finished. Really happy to have this behind me. I had one set of S7 blanks so there was no room for error.

20171207030928-512f16f0-me.jpg

Cross drilling VCT control circuit. Talk about butt clenching. Sounds a little crispy as the drill bit breaks through the other side. S7 tool steel is some pretty tough stuff.

20171207030859-afcd0064-me.jpg

Finished VCT circuit. Still have to deburr the holes.

20171207030945-09a54a0c-me.jpg

Here is a video of the finish pass ending on lobe 6 and starting on lobe 2. I finish them in the firing order so I don't get confused. The noise in the background are 2 other machines that I'm coding and running at the same time so I try and keep things simple:)

Next they'r off to Crane for heat treating and OD grinding.

Santa was late but better late than never:)

Went down to the foundry and pored the remaining 4 heads right before the holiday break. Went down and picked them up a couple days ago. Next stop Ohio for hot isostatic pressing.

20180106053102-f181f127-me.jpg

I can't wait to be able to get one of these for myself! Hopefully, you'll still be selling after I'm finished with school. Do you have any more information on how your first customer's build went? A build sheet accompanied by a dyno sheet would be pretty great. 

7 hours ago, alexx933 said:

I can't wait to be able to get one of these for myself! Hopefully, you'll still be selling after I'm finished with school. Do you have any more information on how your first customer's build went? A build sheet accompanied by a dyno sheet would be pretty great. 

Well I hope to be making them for a good long time:)

HP specs are based on estimations by Rebello since there are currently no running heads. V2 hasn't even been assembled yet since he decided to retire, build a custom house and shop and put a twin cam head on his Z car all at the same time. Hopefully that will be moving along soon. V3 is moving forward but slowly since it is only a small part of a comprehensive engine/car build.

32 minutes ago, alexx933 said:

It sounds like this guy needs to have V2 and all the parts taken off his hands as he sounds quite distracted... I'm sure somebody around here would be willing to help him out haha

Probably not going to happen:) Actually V2 is a one of a kind head. V3 and V4 are virtually identical except for some adjustments to gating and wall thicknesses. V2 in visually different and totally unique. He also ended up with 2 valve covers and three timing covers since they only fit that head:)