HybridZ
Guest speedmon

Will a Z with an LS Engine turn?

Matt, It's simply you posting results. Simple as that. My car, hampered by significant mechanical gremlins ran only two laps and ran as fast as Greg Ira's customer's car at Summit Main and that car was in a vintage class above ITS. Had my car not been hampered with eleectrical/oil issues, I would have dropped at minimum another 5-7 seconds. But when you have no RPM above 4800, you can't very well run SCCA T1 times (ITS times aren't a concern or measuring stick in my mind).

Mike

BTW: I found your YouTube stuff and subscribed. One question, The Mark you are following at VIR, is that the Mark in N. Carolina? I want to know because his rear suspension and flares look fantastic. It looks very planted in the corners. Something I've been fighting. Want to verify what his set up is exactly.

Matt

That is Mark indeed... Those clips were shot when I was still new to the Porsche and still learning my way, and Mark was sorting his car. My advantage in HP was no match for his slicks and weight advantage, or his lack of fear. Mark is a hot shoe driver. Don't let him fool you... He and John Tedder both (JT1 here)!

Mike

Pity this thread died, there was some interesting talk going on, particularly about circuit racing. I'm a furriner and for what it's worth I think that the LS is the best engine ever, seriously. Built and currently race a LS3 engined 280ZX and have started a more serious race Project Z31 which will also be LS powered with a four speed auto. People will argue over the choice of an auto but with the LS torque spread who needs a six speed lump like the T56 when a lighter five speed like the Tremec 6060 can contribute to faster lap times if you prefer a manual, the LS simply does not need a six speed. Unless it's over cammed to the extent that it loses what makes it great, a brilliant torque spread.

Edited by 260DET