HybridZ

LD28 Water Pumps

johnc

I used to buy water pumps from the manufacturer who made them for Nissan. I never asked for a diesel pump, and I never got a stamped impeller, but it might have been a smaller diameter cast impeller. It has to be at least 15 years since I put one in, but the manufacturer had a French name. Perault? Something like that. I guess they changed companies somewhere along the way. Disappointing to see factory parts with stamped impellers.

Well, in NZ at least, LD28 diesel and Lxx petrol engines have different part codes and details for their pumps

www.STAParts.co.nz

Product Code : WPN-LD28

Description : Water Pump Nissan LD28 1984/10-86 Laurel

60mm from base to top of flange V3-037

Unit Price NZD : 52.98 Each (Incl Tax)

WPN-05A Water Pump Nissan H20 20 L26 LD28 Z16 Z18 Z20 Z24 1969-On 66mm from base to top of flange Atlas Bluebird Civilian Skyline

(Note: This Item is POA - You cannot add To shopping cart - please call or email for $$$)

I've bolded the differences, so they aren't just the same pump used for both applications, I'm not going to buy any to have a look at the impeller tho, I'm off to China on Thursday and won't be around.

Well, in NZ at least, LD28 diesel and Lxx petrol engines have different part codes and details for their pumps

www.STAParts.co.nz

Product Code : WPN-LD28

Description : Water Pump Nissan LD28 1984/10-86 Laurel

60mm from base to top of flange V3-037

Unit Price NZD : 52.98 Each (Incl Tax)

WPN-05A Water Pump Nissan H20 20 L26 LD28 Z16 Z18 Z20 Z24 1969-On 66mm from base to top of flange Atlas Bluebird Civilian Skyline

(Note: This Item is POA - You cannot add To shopping cart - please call or email for $$$)

I've bolded the differences, so they aren't just the same pump used for both applications, I'm not going to buy any to have a look at the impeller tho, I'm off to China on Thursday and won't be around.

Great tip though...thanks mate.

JASCO is (was) the main importer/distributor for Nissan LD28 parts here in the USA. They don't seem to be that now but I haven't been able to find another direct source. Nissan dealers used to order from JASCO if they even bothered with the LD engines.

• 2 weeks later...

Well accordnig to JohnC's picture - what I have is the diesel water pump. But is you look at OZ's picture, it looks like the gas pump except for the fact the divider by the blades is long rather than short. So....I believe it is a diesel pump. Maybe someone ordered a gas water pump more recently from Nissan so we can take a looks.

Well accordnig to JohnC's picture - what I have is the diesel water pump. But is you look at OZ's picture, it looks like the gas pump except for the fact the divider by the blades is long rather than short. So....I believe it is a diesel pump. Maybe someone ordered a gas water pump more recently from Nissan so we can take a looks.

If it fits into an L28E timing cover and spins freely then it is a gas pump. You need to trim the tip of the impeller housing in the timing cover to clear the larger diesel impeller.

Where did you order it?

Edited by z-ya

Well Pete I tried what you said and it fits and does spin freely. It was ordered from Nissan.

Joe, I see the diverter section you are talking about.

Like it was stated, at least it is cast instead of the stamp metal. Next need to find out if there is stil a source in Japan or Cananda.

my freind is the parts manager at my local nissan, ill give a call to him. what diameter is the impeller so i can ask him to measure instead of going there. do you think the part number would be the same for a canada pump. and if he has them how many should i get???

• 8 months later...

Old thread but thought I would say I recently ordered a new LD28 pump from Nissan - it came from Nissan in Japan to the local dealership here in Auckland NZ. First it was very very $$ but it is 100% the correct item, new in the box with the larger cast impeller shown above in the post by ozconnection.

So they can still be had from Nissan as I recently got one.