HybridZ

What is your Top Speed. On or Off Track.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"183 according to Garmin GPS on an straight empty road" with a T56 transmission in 5th gear, seems 200+mph  is within reach with appropriate aero modifications ala NASCAR who are up to 200 mph on oval tracks.  The T56 has a 6th gear (2nd overdrive ratio top gear).

126mph in the 1/4-mile at Alabama International Dragway.  Please be careful, my friends-what if a deer (especially one of the red-nosed variety) ran in front of you while you are rolling along at 147-183mph?  I'd hate to lose one of you.  Save it for the track.

Not to mention the fact I've seen deer total cars that were sitting at a light... They're pretty darn solid creatures.

Don't worry, in Groundhog Day you knew he was there and altered your line to let him live another day, and you went back to the boarding house to drink scotch and watch Jeopardy until you got the rest of the day right as well!

The only speed i have recorded is 147MPH. that was at about 8000 rpm. i have redlined it before so im guessing 155+

That's funny Stony,

What gears are you using. Im guessing I had a whopping 310 HP at the wheels in my 260Z using 3.70 gears, stock rb25 transmission, and confirmed with a Garmin GPS 147MPH resetting the garmins top speed in 5th gear somewhere not near redline. The stock gauge pulls over past 160mph and just kind of floats down there as if to say "Im to tired for this crap". I have been faster than 147mph in that car, but without the GPS there is no telling exactly how fast. I do know that somewhere above 147mph I loose steering wheel feedback slightly and every little gust of wind or bump in the road has a huge effect on the cars stability. Its not like any of the local tracks I can go to will see speeds higher than that though. Id be surprised at least. The new engine setup and wheels might just propel me there though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, That's moving. I'd love to see that video. Must have been a huge amount of pressure on that hatch to pop it open, and frankly I'm surprised the sudden change didn't upset the car.

Doesn't take a ton to pop the hatch, especially if it's not latched all the way.  I've found you'll pop the hatch at 90-100.  All your stuff inside the car flys all over the place though.  Not recommended!  :icon56:

Edited by yellowoctupus