HybridZ

L28ET vs V8 vs RB etc, etc, etc

SuperDan

What conversion have you done, doing etc.  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What conversion have you done, doing etc.

• GM V8
    • GM V6
    • Ford V8
    • Nissan RB series
    • Nissan SR series
    • Nissan L6 Turbo
    • Other not listed

• 5 weeks later...
Guest 260ondubs

I did the L6T conversion...... but I could've done the RB26 for the same money looking back at it. Oh goody.

N.B I had to build an L28ET from an L28E because Australia did not get the L28ET. AND, RB26's are friggin cheap over here. So that's why they are about the same money to convert over. But I still love the way mine sounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... ya'all know mine.

1 very simple little bolt in VG30ET, oh no wait,that was my dream, reality has set in, BWAhahaha Let me rephrase this. One complicated, overly expensive, but freaking torqey/fast VG30ET powered 280Z.

Fast,

Not cheap

Not simple

Will be reliable when I stop touching it.

• 1 month later...

Heres a shot of the Toyota 7mgte in my 71 240. I just bolted everything together (kinda) ZERO tuning stock injectors and everything A/F ratios look great and it puts 335 to the rear wheels at 10 creeping to 12.5psi Since I got the Dyno out of the way I started turning up the boost to 16 PSI HOLY CRAP what a difference. Let my Dad drive it this weekend and his hands were shaking after one 3/4 throttle blast in 2nd gear. Its scarry fast.

plan view complete motor

cimg35143tp.jpg

Front Iso IC, 24x12x4 with 3 inch in and out

cimg35189xr.jpg

Aux! It's pretty clever how you disguised the Briggs & Stratton logo on that thing!! ;)

lol i Swear the next Engine swap I do for a Z will be a Rotary 240z or 300zx.... I think a Z31 with a Rotary would be cute.... very cute... not fast but Unique.... and just something to make people take a look at at the shows....

lol i Swear the next Engine swap I do for a Z will be a Rotary 240z or 300zx.... I think a Z31 with a Rotary would be cute.... very cute... not fast but Unique.... and just something to make people take a look at at the shows....

Hey, a properly setup rotary Z could kick butt! Even 2nd gen RX7 was pretty quick and with a lighter platform weven a stock 1.3B would be awsome. And you can't beat 7k+redline. Actually I don't know the redline of the 1.3B because the dang thing just kept going!

Hey, a properly setup rotary Z could kick butt! Even 2nd gen RX7 was pretty quick and with a lighter platform weven a stock 1.3B would be awsome. And you can't beat 7k+redline. Actually I don't know the redline of the 1.3B because the dang thing just kept going!

How do you know if your Neighbor is a Rotery drive?

Everytime you start the shop vac he runs out side to see if some one is stealing his car.............

tehehe......

I still have a crsuh on the FB I think the FC looks "off center", and I drove an FD for a while...... meh I still like the FB more.... altho Id take the FC b/c I am SICK of driving OLD *** CARS0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...