HybridZ

Track Car Progress, PICS

mark

Air dam is 040 aluminum and lots of rivets. Thats version 3.0, the track ate the other 2. It is removable. Just duze fasteners holding it on.

The removable wheel is all ebay stuff. Sorry I don't have any specifics for you on that. I bought stuff and made it work.

Nick Short built the cage.

http://competitionraceparts.com/

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Air dam is 040 aluminum and lots of rivets. Thats version 3.0, the track ate the other 2. It is removable. Just duze fasteners holding it on.

The removable wheel is all ebay stuff. Sorry I don't have any specifics for you on that. I bought stuff and made it work.

Nick Short built the cage.

http://competitionraceparts.com/

I'd love to see the brackets behind the air dam.

I'd love to see the brackets behind the air dam.

DSC000371.JPG

Six of those. Fiberglass is about .50 thick along what is left of an old air dam. Aluminum dam is 3.5 inches above the track. The first two were about 2 inches off the track. They saw 150 at VIR but protested when asked to grade sand at CMP. :mrgreen:

• 2 months later...

After spending the weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park with Mark and all the other good people who run with the Tar Heel Sports Car Club, let me be one of the first to say Mark's z car is a piece of work! In addition to being extremely well built and good looking, it's rocket ship fast. Mark is a talented and experienced driver and walked away with top honors (FTD). He now breaths the rare air with those who can get around CMP at the blinding lap time of 1:40. Trust me, there are only a few cars, other than open wheelers, who can do this. If only I could find a few more seconds hidden somewhere in my car, I might be able to run with him again.

Congratulations Mark. You are the man!

Mark, congratulations on the FTD. You've got a beautiful car with a lot of nice work and spectacular details. It's nice to see you get a big trophy to go with it.

For those who don't know, a 1:40 at CMP is faster than race prepped C6 Z06's, Vipers, and GT3's. The only cars faster than that are tube chassis full bore race cars, and only a few of those. For instance: The SCCA SPO record is 1:40.263, set by Mark Starr in a Nascar cup car, complete with the 850 hp motor. GT2 (Z06's and GT3's) is 1:42.48, and T1 is 1:42.876.

Congratulations again, well deserved.

John

For those who don't know, a 1:40 at CMP is faster than race prepped C6 Z06's, Vipers, and GT3's. The only cars faster than that are tube chassis full bore race cars, and only a few of those. For instance: The SCCA SPO record is 1:40.263, set by Mark Starr in a Nascar cup car, complete with the 850 hp motor. GT2 (Z06's and GT3's) is 1:42.48, and T1 is 1:42.876.

Damn! That's impressive as hell! :cheers::2thumbs:

Thanks guys, It was a blast running that fast, I'm still grinning. JT thanks for the comparison info. You were missed down there.

Turborust

The hood was on a parts car that I bought.

Jon, thanks for the congrats.

Now comes the hard part, I have to do it again when I go back.

Now comes the hard part, I have to do it again when I go back.

Naaah. You've proven that you and the car can do it so now you can just fall back on:

1. Tires are old.

2. Its hot today.

3. Its cold today.

4. Its not warm enough today.

5. its not cool enough today.

6. Too windy.

7. Didn't get a clear track.

8. Someone laid down some oil.

9. Didn't have time to bed the pads.

10. I'm just bedding in pads/heat cycling tires.

11. Rain washed out the rubber laid down on the track.

12. I'm just testing today.

13. I don't drive fast with passengers in the car.

Congrats on the great times.

Naaah. You've proven that you and the car can do it so now you can just fall back on:

1. Tires are old.

2. Its hot today.

3. Its cold today.

4. Its not warm enough today.

5. its not cool enough today.

6. Too windy.

7. Didn't get a clear track, tedder was blocking me again.

8. Someone laid down some oil.

9. Didn't have time to bed the pads.

10. I'm just bedding in pads/heat cycling tires.

11. Rain washed out the rubber laid down on the track.

12. I'm just testing today.

13. I don't drive fast with passengers in the car.

Congrats on the great times.

You missed an important one, John. If I had been there, I would have kept him up in the 1:50's, where us mere mortals run!!!!!!!!

Maybe I will get my junk running soon.

jt

Hey Bain,

I had several people this past weekend come up to the car and ask "where is Bain?". I've heard alot of great things about your car from Tom and John. I've seen pictures and am looking forward to seeing it in person.