HybridZ

How to Drive the Nuremburgring

johnc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, too cool. I'd pay some real money to drive a car like that on a track like that. I drove Mosport raceway in Toronto once and that was a kick compared to Laguna Seca but The Ring is the ultimate. Have to go back and watch the second half, my computer is taking forever to buffer. Solid car, excellent driver. Good combo.

That video is nuts. That car and driver are amazing. I couldnt believe how he jsut flew past everyone. Anyway great video thanks for sharing, Ive seen a similar video of the m3gtr at Nuremburgring, i need to scrap it up, it might be a shorter version of the same thing.

I suppose this is what was a re watching going around the track:

BMW%20M3%20GTR%20gross.jpg

-Austin

I think it was diff whine, because you can year a lower pitch that changes with the shifts.

When the video started I didn't look at the title up at the top and I thought to myself "I wanted to see the northern track ;( " Then I saw him pull off to the northern track, and that made my day. And that's turning a frown upside down ;)

Anyone know what kind of tranny setup he was using. It seemed like each gear had it's own spot and it wasn't sequential, but I also didn't see his left foot move at all.

HOLY F*** *&$%^##@*&!!!!!

I had to keep my eyes shut during part of that video!

Fast enough to make a dead man scream!

What the frig type of BMW was that? I hope that is one of the fastest cars ever! cause I hate to think that thing is slower than some of those old CAN-AM cars, or old Porsche 917's or any number of those insane race cars back in the day before they had to put limits on hp/displacement/rpms/weight because the cars got so dam fast!

Whoa! I've driven Mosport many times in my Z now, and it is a heck of a track, but other than being local to me (25min) it can hardly be compared with the likes of that track!!

Geesh!

It's a M3 GTR. V8 M3 basically, but the full on race version. VERY fast, but not as fast as the Can Am or GTP cars of yesteryear. Somebody posted another vid of a 956 doing the Nurburgring Nordschleife previously. Derek Bell is driving and does a 6:41 lap time IIRC, but in there Jacky Ikyx goes FLYING past on a qualifying lap. Ikyx looked like he was on his way to a 6:10 or so. That is F'in fast and he FLEW past Bell. Here is a link to that video: http://www.lad.lv/~martini/porsche/Videos/Nurburgring-956.mov Its a slow site BTW...

Hard to compare the lap time on this M3 because he runs a combo of the Nurburgring circuit and the Nordschleife.

It's a M3 GTR. V8 M3 basically' date=' but the full on race version. VERY fast, but not as fast as the Can Am or GTP cars of yesteryear. Somebody posted another vid of a 956 doing the Nurburgring Nordschleife previously. Derek Bell is driving and does a 6:41 lap time IIRC, but in there Jacky Ikyx goes FLYING past on a qualifying lap. Ikyx looked like he was on his way to a 6:10 or so. That is F'in fast and he FLEW past Bell. Here is a link to that video: [url']http://www.lad.lv/~martini/porsche/Videos/Nurburgring-956.mov[/url] Its a slow site BTW...

Hard to compare the lap time on this M3 because he runs a combo of the Nurburgring circuit and the Nordschleife.

Thats a big WOW. i mean he was there then straightaway and he's a little speck on the screen!!! I mean jeebus thats gotta be fast especially if the other guy going close to 150-170 in 5th gear and the other car is still pulling.

I'm searching for another video of Stuck driving a BMW X5 at the ring that had one of the 650hp BMW ALMS 12 cylinder race engines installed. The X5 had racing slicks and different shocks, but was supposedly otherwise stock.

In the video Stuck is taking a car magazine editor for a ride and Stuck intentionally went off the track at close to 250kph (150 mph), twice. You can hear the editor screaming and begging him not to do that again.