HybridZ

How many hours a week do YOU work?

280zwitha383

I've worked anywhere between 70hrs (restaurant manager), 60+ (aftermarket parts store manager), 45+ (Nissan parts store manager), 45+ (Outside parts sales rep), Currently 40 (Dept. Manager for a home improvement big box store), very soon 50+hrs..Noooo....not again. It is very hard working long hours and trying to keep your life in check. It also depends on the type of hours you work. restaurant and my current postion I could work anywhere between 5am-11pm (or till 2am with restaurant). Those kind of hours really take a toll both on sleep patterns and social lives. Now if you have more traditional "bankers hours" it makes it alittle easier. Having a consistant time of day to sleep and time off to be with friends, family, and your Z make working those hours much more bareable. Best of luck. :D

Depending on how low on cash I am, I generally work between 60-70 hours a week...most of the time it's more than 70 hours. So far, the most hours I've worked consecutively is 25 (26 if you count the 30 min. drive up and back) from 7:00a.m. to 5:00 a.m. Man, that was a crazy night.

40-45 hours a week at my day job, including a few 55 hour weeks.

20-30 hours a week at one of my businesses, including a few 40 hour weeks.

5-10 hours a week at my other business.

Been doing that for about the last year and a half. That's not even counting my commute which works out to about an hour each way.

I've had 2 days off since New Years, and typically get about 1-1.5 every couple months.

I fly around 80 hours per month with Delta, which equals being gone for 5-6 3 day trips per month, with 10-11 hour work days (we only get paid for time in the air, and not actual time at work), plus 30-40 hours per week powdercoating.

Real loaded question. I would say if I am at the customer site it would be between 50 and 65 hours, and the times I go to the sand covered bases in a couple of other countries it would be probably like 14 hours or so of field work and testing and then back to the base, but the travel to the base takes a few days. I have done those trips to many times and they are no fun at all.

Well... for the student's here it's a lot... I'm a full-time student at Northwestern and I work 10.5 hrs a week in IT at Kellogg (#1 business school in the US!).

I say that's a lot because the average student here works 6-8 hrs a week.

But... wow... so this is what I got coming.....

Mario

I alternate 44 hours one week, 36 hours the next. Every other Friday off. Maybe 6-10 hours a week playing poker.

Sounds like you work in Civil Service!!? I do, and love the work schedule. Allows me to really enjoy my personal life.

I've been working on a gloabal software implenemtation and, for the last 6 months it's been ~60 hrs/week. We "go live" in about 3 weeks, after that I'll be traveling to about 30 differnt global locations over the next 2.5 years or so. Working about 3 weeks at a time and home for 1. Don't really care to figure out those hours :( But I'm learning a ton :)