HybridZ

1/24 Scale Jadatoys Datsun 240Z diecast!!

christurismohk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a big display case that we rescued from a closing radio shack that holds all of my most valuable models but I have cars and planes and trains and all kinds of stuff scattered all over everywhere! I built a custom display case for my autographed '57 Corvette SS but other than that all of my models, plastic and diecast, sit on open shelves.

I cant wait for these to come out! Just what I need, one more thing to collect! btw, has anyone else noticed the sudden increase in early Z models on the market? I wonder why.

I do want a big case to display my "new" collection I want to start. Do you think it would be smart to open them to display them. Kind of like, when I collected basketball cards, it was worth more to have the complete set still in the wrappers and boxes than taking them out and putting them in the plasitc holders. Honestly the Franklin Mint 240Z is that worth most? And have any of you "older" folks see die cast car models from your younger days sell for big money today?

Thanks

Hotwheels, like the ones in the other thread, almost always increase in value. Larger diecasts its a matter of rarety and age. Most times the packaging is worth more than the model simply because most people throw it away. Personally I remove my models from their boxes because I bought them to enjoy and how can I enjoy them if they are still in the box?