What did you get for Christmas 2006?

OlderThanMe

I got

the books:

"Rebuilding the small block chevy with a 2 hour DVD"

and

"chassis engineering"

the CD:

"Your Man" by Josh turner(yeah I'm a country fan...)

and the movie:

"Pirates of the Caribbean: dead man's chest" from my brother!

plus my 2004 Frontier crew cab I got a few weeks ago... :-)

What did y'all get!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife & I didn't give each other gifts this year, but just gave the kids a few. We used the extra money to help some other families that really needed it. This is the first year we have been able to do it and it feels great, especially when the others had no idea it was coming. I'm thankful I have a job, that we're doing O.K., and everyone is in good health. That's enough for me!!! :2thumbs:

Davy

love the attitude u got davy.

Nothing wrong with gifts for you or the family, we just did it differently this year and it's all good. Nice stuff!! Right now I have tools I'm not using, so I figure I have enough in the garage at the moment, although I still don't have a sand blaster---that's the next 'big' item this next year. I figure I can solve some rust issues on the car with it, so it'll justify buying one.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all :2thumbs:

Davy

I got the movie "Clerks2" and the first year of CSI Las Vegas.

I also got a chess set from Biltmore Estate: http://shop.biltmore.com/detail.aspx?ID=980

New SA2005 helmet: http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10002_109705_-1_10497

Craftsman Wrench Set:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Mechanics+Tools&pid=00944008000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Wrenches&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

A Steering wheel from MSA:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SWM/50-3127

A set of headlights for the Zcar from my oldest stepson, several shirts...and I think that's pretty much it...

And Davy, you've got the right idea... We were able to make donations to the normal charities and help those we do every year, minus one family who has rebounded nicely from years of bad luck... That alone was a great gift to our family.

Mike

I got a pair of outside door handles for my 280, a book about how to use photoshop (watch out b_sosick!), a few video games, some tickets to see AFI in Feb., and a telephoto lens for my Nikon D80 (though I'll probably switch it out for a wide angle, since I opted for the higher zoom lens when I bought the camera). I think I'm most excited about the concert tickets, because I've convinced my wife that since she bought them she has to go with me! OTM, what's up with the chevy book, you coming over to the dark side or what? Now your sig is going to read: "SBC 11-1 compression, quintuple turbo with roots blower, 6,000hp with Grumpyvette autographed valve covers" !

Mike, cool chess set! I was so bored at work the other day that a co-worker and I actually made one out of a manila folder (she drew the board on it with a sharpie) and 32 cents worth of pennies (I got two colors of touch up paint, and drew the letters of the piece name on them)! How Hybridz is that?

Got my 12 gallon Fuel Safe Cell from my wife, but it showed up about a week ago, so no big surprise there. Got the wife a bunch of car stereo equipment and an iPod (had another thread about that) and she was totally STOKED about it, which was good. She asked for the iPod, and the rest was a surprise for her. I was a bit nervous about it and had that "she's going to think this is more about you" thing rolling around in the back of my head. She loved the whole package though! It's the first time I've been able to exchange gifts with her at all in some years, so that was nice!

What I got :D

xmas.jpg

*xbox360 wireless network adapter

* black Chucks

*The Hurricane

*Die Hard Trilogy

*F.E.A.R. (360 game)

*Portable Vacuum

and...

Nikon D80 :D :D :D

* 10.2 megapixels

- Nikon bag

- normal accessories

-512mb card

- 18-55mm zoom Nikkor lens

- 55-200mm Nikkor lens

:D

I got a Garmin ETREX legend CX handhelp GPS w/topography software, vehicle adapter, case and sd mini chip.

a rotisserie toaster oven,

fishing tackle,

a 4" resonated tailpipe tip,

the usual clothes

$275 in cash and

$200 in SUMMIT bucks,

$75 to Lowes Hardware,

$25 to Amazon.com

a monogramed "koozie" can cooler

a sausage and cheese set

a gallon of the best bootleg homemade wine I've ever had!

not too damn shabby this year :)

Max/Veritech:...you never know...I MAY have a source for a cheap-ish SBC...and a single turbo on a stout bottom end IS sounding delicious. I just know squat about V8s.

Zguy3287632784623846203: have you tried "gears of war" yet? That game is really cool!!and really good on a HDTV and suruond!!! chainsaw guns baby!!! and that is a SWEET camera DUDE!!!

Yesterday I got a nice bucket tool holder thing, a couple CDs, and some stuff for college...I may be getting something from other family today...:-)

Armand: REALLY COOL 240Z there!!! what are your plans? You should turbo it since it has the L28...

My wife got me a new wedding ring. Believe me, the fact she still wants to get me one beats any gift any one else has posted so far.

4th ring and counting. I got a tattoo after the third one, but still like to see that shiny piece of metal. This one is stainless steel! You can do that sort of thing with a 4th ring.