HybridZ

Update: LS1 IS ALIVE!!!

Well I have to thank all who has helped me out so far esp....David and Vinh.

Anywho, Vinh came out last saturday and spent almost ten hours at my dads shop cleaning up my engine bay harness and my old dash harness. We eliminated all wires that were no longer in use. This is what took up most of the day. When we hooked up the fuel pump and got power to what we needed and started to build fuel pressure......the fpr lines started to leak...also the line coming out of the fuel pump. Duh I didn't use any tape when installing these things. I did the first time and was told I did not need it. I thought I did but maybe because these lines were after the filter I let my brain second the notion and went along. Mistake. Got that problem fixed and got 50psi at the fpr and nothing, no spark. We checked and checked and could not find what was going on. It got late and Vinh had to take off to head back to Philly. For the next two days I checked my Speartech harness and all connections. Then I checked the injectors and coil packs. I already knew this motor ran so the senors "couldn't" be bad. As I sat in the car and kept thinking.....I went to crank the car over and realize the red led light that is a check engine light goes out when I go to crank over. I thought to myself...hmmm..isn't that suppose to stay on....let me call John at Speartech. He confirms the BIGGEST screwup when wiring up the PCM is not giving it a constant 12v source. So I stripped the pink wire and hot wired it to the battery and VROOOOOOM. The biggest smile comes on my face....I call Vinh and David to let them know it started!

There are lots of little things to be done but I am gettin closer. I would not be this far without HBZ and certain members going out of their way to help me.

So here is a short vid of the car and startup:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2559551d-8fb1-4078-8148-996e00d181f5.htm

Pic of Z at the shop

Picture_0522.jpg

Vinh working on the Z

Picture_0444.jpg

Up on the lift

Picture_0425.jpg

Clive

Congratulation Clive, I know you've been looking forward to this for a long time. Hopefully all the time, money frustration, aggravation, etc; all seem to be worth it now that it's actually alive. I remember how happy I was to have it fire up the first time, and I still enjoy getting in every now and then and firing her up. There's nothing like the sound of a healthy V8 coming to life.

Clive,

The pink wire is going to the ignition wire which is the black/wht wire coming off the ignition key. I believe that it runs thru those big connectors on the passenger side. Sorry I over look the connection to the pink wire. That was all my fault. I can't believe that I make that silly mistake. I still need to reprogram the PCM one more time to disable all the other unused functions like EGR, rear O2 etc. I only disable the anti theft system that night. Don't forget you still need to run wires and relays for the fans. I will probably have to make another trip up there to finish up the wiring and reprogram the PCM. Tell me what settings do you want for the fans so I can program it into your PCM.

Too bad I missed the big moment where the engine runs. Alright time for you to get the driveshaft and exhaust completed and test drive the car. I probably don't want to miss that first drive.

Vinh

Clive,

The pink wire is going to the ignition wire which is the black/wht wire coming off the ignition key. I believe that it runs thru those big connectors on the passenger side. Sorry I over look the connection to the pink wire. That was all my fault. I can't believe that I make that silly mistake. I still need to reprogram the PCM one more time to disable all the other unused functions like EGR, rear O2 etc. I only disable the anti theft system that night. Don't forget you still need to run wires and relays for the fans. I will probably have to make another trip up there to finish up the wiring and reprogram the PCM. Tell me what settings do you want for the fans so I can program it into your PCM.

Too bad I missed the big moment where the engine runs. Alright time for you to get the driveshaft and exhaust completed and test drive the car. I probably don't want to miss that first drive.

Vinh

Don't worry about it, gave me a chance to really think about how the system works. You did more than I could have asked for that day. Just let me know when you would like to come out. I am planning a get together for Aug 4th and it will kind of be my goodbye to the nyc area because I plan on moving to Buff, Ny for a new job.

I picked up the drive shaft so I can have it made this week and I will finish up my version of a q45 front mount. I will also work on the intake/brakes/clutch/and few other things so when you come out next....it will be ready for first drive!

Next on the to do list is pick up my parts car! lol

Thanks for all the comments so far.

Clive

Clive,

Where is the car now? Next time your working on the car I'd like to come help if I'm free.

Joe

The car is in NYC, The Bronx at my fathers shop. I will invite you up when Vinh gets back to me about coming up next. Hope to have it on the road very soon.

Congrats!!!! Clive,

You are on your way! I have been caught in parting out hell, I will never part out another car again, I haven't touched the Z or the LT1 in 3 weeks, stripping the donor Trans Am, Packing and shipping parts, and answering emails is all I have had time to do in the last 3 weeks.

It is great you have all that help nearby, I'm afraid I am on my own here in southeastern Massachusetts The guys at ZCCNE are great but they all are Turbo HybridZ members, I will be the only V8 Hybrid Z member when done. I am scared shitless when it comes to the wiring so wish me luck.

Got the Job in Buffalo, that is great, My company is trying to land a job at Univ of Buffalo his fall, Maybe I can stop by when I am up there hopefully and check out your Z (:-))

Greg

Clive,

Sorry I had to leave early that day because I had my topless Z with me. Plus it's tough to entertain my wife for 10 hours plus when she just sat in the car lol. She could have taken the car and drove to Brooklyn to go shopping. I will definitely come out for another trip to finish all the wiring and reprogram your PCM before your first drive. I hope you finish the exhaust, driveshaft and the rear's front mount before Aug 4th. I will come out to meet everyone and finish up the wiring for your car.

Qwik240z/David,

I am hoping to bring my friend's LS1 280Z to the convention also. It's been in the paint shop since June.

Vinh

I understand, my gf gets bored after about 20 mins. lol. Just let me know what weekend you would like to come out before Augs 4th weekend and I will have everything else done by then.

Just keep me updated.