HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

i see an exotic bird

Old news. Here's a post I made a week (or something) ago...

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the guys spending $500/ea. for custom wheels, for the rest of you...are you all using big spacers, and are you REALLY comfortable with that? Reason being, I have spent DAYS scouring websites looking for an additional set of wheels for my 240Z [coilovers, no flares]. I am coming up with virtually NO options...other than fugly American Racing wheels.

I was hoping to score some 17" [or 16x9] wheels to compliment/alternate my 16"x8 set [which I regret buying]. It really seems like th only option is running about a one inch spacer...and I just don't think that I'm comfortable with that..especially for a club day on the track....

Thoughts....

There are plenty of suggestions posted in the forums. Here are some I would buy if I didnt already go 5 Lug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-XXR-513-Staggered-wheel-AE86-Datsun-Miata-Rims-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem280269053153QQitemZ280269053153

They come in different colors and different sizes, dont weigh too much and are really cheap. And you dont have to use any spacers...

Dont have them for my 240 yet, still need to do some more calculations for Coil/Strut clearance, but was thinking about grabbing myself a set of Volk CE28N's. Have been hell bent on them for years, I'm running 4x114.3 lug. Offsets on them are BSly massive, most wheel sets I see HybridZ'ers have are like +/-15 offset max.

Was tossing up between 16x7.5 8 Spokers or 17x7.5 10 Spokers (only 4 lug available in 10 spoke) if I can get the clearance which Im hoping I can, then theyre as good as bought, if I cant, then I might have to settle for some Wats or those nice dished Sportsmax/Rota rims that are floating around on this thread.

CE28N_thumb.jpg

I really don't know much about these wheels except there made by WEDS wheels in Japan or at least thats what the casting says. I was trying to find some history on them , kinda think there from the 90's and maybe aimed for the european scene because they originally had 4x108 bolt pattern according to the previous owner who had them professionally machined to 4x114. If any one else has any info on these wheels please do tell :mrgreen:

DSC_0309_thumb.JPG