HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

shika805, your car's coming along clean. i dig the color stance. mine will look really similar. i got lazy and decided to just keep my chrome trims original. i guess to match the wheel lip and give it that classic chrome. the black on gray looks sick.

280zvador, my wheels originally had the same star centers like yours. the previous owner switched them out for the mesh design. it bolts right up since simmon's only made so many designs. if you ever come across a cheap bent up set of simmon meshie's in 15's for cheap, it worth the buy just for the center meshes. interchangeable!!!

Great! Thanks for the tips! But I will need a set of 16" simmons meshes not 15" ;)

I thought I would share a few pics of my wheels on this thread. They are Rota RB-R 17x8.5 with +4 offset in Royal Hyper Black.

img00345tr9.jpg

img00363pk0.jpg

img00351xm0.jpg

img00358dn0.jpg

What size tires, and is that with stock suspension with the 8.5 rims width? Thanks

Those are 225/45's and yes they are 8.5s all around. Very tight fit in the front but no rubbing at all. Little bit of rubbing in the back when hitting bigger dips. Rolling the fenders might help.

Here is a better pic once it was lowered.

img00604.jpg

Would you go the 8.5" width again, or would you stick to the 7.5" if you were buying them again? I do not really won't to roll my fenders? Thanks

I would go 8.5 again. At first I wanted to get a better staggered fitment. Maybe a tad bit more offset. Maybe 7.5 in the front with 8.5 in the rear with +5 or 6 offset with a good staggered lip look. But its was just not available unless you go with flares.

But i'm definately happy with what I got.

I had to join the club....

I really like the wheels, I am happy with the finish, quality, and fit. They aren't as vintage looking as my Wat's were but the sticky 245/275 Azenis RT-615's are worth it. I was disappointed about the center caps not fitting...and without them the car just doesnt look finished. I plan on making a set out of plastic or aluminum, with Z emblems. I dont know how long this will take me though...my current project rate is incredibly slow.

There is more then enough room for 275's with standard ZG's. In fact next time I need tires Ill probably try to find a 295. I am also using Blox Extended aluminum lug's, which are decent for the money but not as nice as the KICS R26's I was running before.

post-352-1272925082787_thumb.jpg

post-352-12729251206832_thumb.jpg

post-352-12729251318323_thumb.jpg

post-352-12729251675482_thumb.jpg

Edited by 240hoke

"I was dissapointed about the center caps not fitting...and without them the care just doing look finished. I plan on making a set out of plastic or aluminum, with Z emblems. I dont know how long this will take me though...my current project rate is incredibly slow".

I for one would love a set of proper caps as well if you come up with a good design and care to make some more. I bet there are others here that would jump on a set if offered, hint, hint....