HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

So, pardon my complete stupidity. On Tire Rack's web site, it says that those size tires are for a 6 inch rim. Your's are 10. So my questions are is that safe? and what about the warranty? If there is not safety or warranty issues - why 'stretch' the tire? Why not get a tire that was built for that size wheel? I'm confused.

So, pardon my complete stupidity. On Tire Rack's web site, it says that those size tires are for a 6 inch rim. Your's are 10. So my questions are is that safe? and what about the warranty? If there is not safety or warranty issues - why 'stretch' the tire? Why not get a tire that was built for that size wheel? I'm confused.

you might want to double check that, 285/35/18 is a pretty wide tire.

i would think 185/xx/xx would be good for a 6" rim.

You are confused. :wink:

285/35/18 fits my 11x18 wheels perfectly. Tire rack must be wrong.

I sit corrected: Tire Rack's numbers are wrong - some wheels show 11 some 6 for the same size tire! So 18 inch wheels -11 inch rim width. Q) spacers? offset? $? Appreciate It

The backspace is 5". No spacers. The CCWs were about 400 each and the Boze's were about $500 each. Both sets were custom made to fit.

FWIW, I keep specs of the entire car here:

http://web.mac.com/markrolston/NewSite/Z-Blog/Entries/2010/1/31_Speeds_and_Feeds.html

Bahrain240z,

Your work came out very nice. I noticed the smoothed lines under the rear bumper. I like the polished stainless steel duel muffler. Have you put lowering springs on yet? From the pictures it appears that may be you haven't.