HybridZ

ok so its worse than i thought....(56K BEWARE!!)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a soft spot for old jap cars. i want to save it. the frame is pretty damned bad though.

however, the body is better than i thought, except for that rot near the hatch latch, and there's rot on the front right fender, which is no big deal..

i just want to do it right. can anyone point me in the right direction for repairing/replacing the frame?

Man-o-man am I glad I live in Southern California. I have a tiny 5mm hole of rust in my right front rocker panel and that's the only rust I can find on the car.

My car's got a bit of surface rust in places but i haven't found any pinholes yet! haha. Arizona is great.

And that's not that bad. You should've seen what my bug looked like!

I almost lost the battery once due to floor rot!

and the heater channels, well, they were rotting away. the car was basically rusting from the inside out due to the north carolina humidity

my biggest concern right now is two things.

1.the passenger floor looks to be a total loss from under the front seat to the firewall.

2.the frame doesnt look good at all. i might have to replace it.

im picking up this car for 250$. i cant weld yet, and this was going to be the car i learned on, and my friend is gonna help me for 50$ fix up the driver's floor.

I cant believe so many Z guys are scared of that level of rust. Thats about the same condition rust wise my '75 coupe was in, but I paid 1800 bucks here in NC. Mine doesnt have any hatch rot, but my pans are about the same as that, and my battery tray is completely gone, I can stick my head up through the inner fender, and its took a bit of the firewall with it.

I cant believe so many Z guys are scared of that level of rust.

Yeah, really. What can be seen isn't too terrible, there's bound to be more hiding, but it really looks repairable.

It's not going to a quick repair for fix that properly, but it's also not impossible.

As an extreme example look at Mull's restoration. That car should have been scrapped, but looks VERY good now.

i think i might buy it, and drive it, and work on it as i go. itll be a great car to learn to weld on while i continue fixing/finishing my 240sx.

my 240sx was one of those "its got a hole in the strut tower and frame et rid of it" cars. i had my trusted friend russ at JNR motorsports fix it and ive had the car for four years now.

thos only thing that scares me on the Z is that the passenger floor is junk altogether, i dont want to cut it out and have the car flex too much due to the unibody setup.

well, i need to at least fix the driver's floor first.

oh and does anyone know where to get a carpet for this thing?

actually, can anyone point me towards a site that pretty much has everything for the S30s?

::edit::

NEVERMIND. wow i had a noob moment. i found thezstore.com and have found pretty much everything ill need, even the center console.