HybridZ

incar video at 20lbs creeping to 26lbs at the top of 4th gear.

big-phil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it's a good question and I am going to google it. I think common sense applies in cases like these. There is always a chance but that's how real life is anyhow. You take chances and you deal with it. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Remember it's probably a much more difficult case based solely on an internet video than if there was a first hand officer of the law on the scene. If it were part of a larger investigation, surely it could be used in a case but as the sole peice of evidence, a fleeting internet video, does not have strong legs. <---all my opinion....no actual facts.

This could be/should be in another thread if the admins feel it's even appropriate to discuss here...I have my doubts.

remember the video over seas were the guy did like 220mph in a Ferarri and was givin a ticket based on the video, I think? You guys are scaring me now.

What was your record Thumper?

Stock Block, non-meth I ran 23lbs of boost. With the borrowing of Warren's drag radials :) (thanks warren) I got my car down the 1/4 11.69@122 Unfortunately warrens drag radials were shorter than my street tires so I was hitting the revlimit (6400rpms) the last 100ft or so with a taller tire I could have gotten atleast 11.5 maybe 11.4 since it would have put me in my power band more.

remember the video over seas were the guy did like 220mph in a Ferarri and was givin a ticket based on the video, I think? You guys are scaring me now.

That is true. Next time, don't film your plate in the same vid where you are going to speed ;)

Nice vid anyway!!

Stock Block, non-meth I ran 23lbs of boost. With the borrowing of Warren's drag radials :) (thanks warren) I got my car down the 1/4 11.69@122 Unfortunately warrens drag radials were shorter than my street tires so I was hitting the revlimit (6400rpms) the last 100ft or so with a taller tire I could have gotten at least 11.5 maybe 11.4 since it would have put me in my power band more.

I'm kinda more interested in going to the dyno than running the car. I'm afraid of breaking something while wanting to launch the car hard. Did you ever dyno the car at 23 lbs thumper?

I'm kinda more interested in going to the dyno than running the car. I'm afraid of breaking something while wanting to launch the car hard. Did you ever dyno the car at 23 lbs thumper?

Nope never dynoed. Me personally not a fan of dyno. I've modded atleast 10+ cars and only dynoed 2 of them. One was for fun and the other to get it tuned. 1/4 is where you find out if you built a fast car or just a powerful car. I'd rather have a fast one. Also as the saying goes if you aren't breaking anything your not going fast enough.:icon54: But to each his own. Nice Z yours is definetly nicer looking and most likely more powerful.

I honestly wouldn't be that afraid of that happening, Most of the time when those video's get high profile ala on tv etc the police might do something. But in this situation I highly doubt it.

Big Phil, that is one nice vid! The tires don't have a chance in first or second gear. That really got me motivated to get this car on the road. I am hoping that this will be the year. I would love to see what kind of #'s that car is putting to the wheels. Keep the great videos coming.

Great stuff Phil....you're keeping me inspired!

I am thinking you would easily pull my 911 Turbo and it has 418hp at 14.7psi

Yasin

WOW!! do you really think I would? Its going to rain all weekend, so maybe after it clears up I'll take it to the dyno? I have got to know what this thing is putting down.

Garrett was right, he told me "get meth injection" Once it sprays you can feel the little extra kick in the pants. Its 100% meth. I was using windshield washer fluid, but found the 100% stuff for $4 a gallon. Its lasted me a month so far. Its a great investment guys! I have not heard one hint of detonation. And trust me I know what it sounds like:icon53: