HybridZ

Let's get the Z out of winter storage! <vid>

cygnusx1

I have been home with a nasty sinus and ear infection for a few days. Today's warm weather, combined with prescription medication, the lure of clean and dry roads pumped me with enough energy to get out and break the winter seal off the storage shed.

For those of you that don't experience the loss of your Z for three to four months every year...Let me tell you it's like pants-on abstinence. So enjoy the ten minute adventure of first drive of the year 2008. The Z feels great and boy is it nice to see a clean car at the end of a cold, dirty, nasty, Winter.

Video should be available in a few minutes but you probably will need a good connection to enjoy the ride. Sorry dialupers.

>

Believe it or not that video was shot with a pocket digital camera. Lots of new cameras are coming out that shoot HD video. The best bang for the buck if you want to shoot HD right now would probably be the Aiptek HD cam.

If you only want video this is a pretty nice deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-720P-CMOS-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B000UO796Y/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1205690786&sr=8-1

51A-kJG-P6L._AA280_.jpg

This is my camera, the one I used for that video:

pana_fx35_fr-001.jpg

I love the G-meter hanging from the rear view mirror! In a few weeks we can shoot more vids of our cars. Lead car and chase car vids would be great....

Now I have to look for a new HD cam, unless I can figure out a way to stop mine from shutting off due to the vibrations. I can record 30mins of HD right to a mini DVD.

Believe it or not that video was shot with a pocket digital camera. Lots of new cameras are coming out that shoot HD video. The best bang for the buck if you want to shoot HD right now would probably be the Aiptek HD cam.

If you only want video this is a pretty nice deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-720P-CMOS-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B000UO796Y/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1205690786&sr=8-1

51A-kJG-P6L._AA280_.jpg

This is my camera, the one I used for that video:

pana_fx35_fr-001.jpg

Are you joking me??? I bought a $300 camcorder and Im really dissapointed with the quality. Grrrr

It's sort of upstate. About an hour North of NYC. The roads are spectacular. In the Summer, we get loaded with motorcycle tours. They all want to snake through the county and town roads. The funny part is that when I went from driving all of these years on these roads, to a road course, my driving techniques were already well developed. Line choice, heel and toe, trail braking, contact patch weight shifting....all in a daily drive around here. :wink: