HybridZ

It's been a VERY sad week here - A message to my "Friends"

Warren

Folks,

Please bare with me as I try to get through this.

I'm not a very open person when it comes to talking about family, but by sharing this with you, my "internet family", I can only hope that it might bring to light just how fragile life is and how much we need to make the time to cherish our loved ones.

Saddest of all notices

22 year old Elisabeth Mallows is my stepdaughter from a prior marriage. We are VERY close. My 17 year old daughter Melanie who lives with me is her half sister (same mother-different father).

3 year old Lane was just at my house, swimming in my pool the weekend before. He was with his father and grandfather (on that side of the family) at a resort when this occurred.

The message I'm trying to convey here is for everyone to stop and smell the roses, while you can, with ALL of your loved ones. You never know when something like this can take them away from you.

Thank you in advance for letting me post this. I needed the vent, if nothing else.

Rest In Peace, Lane. You will forever be missed.

Warren

That is horrible news! I hate hearing about kids getting hurt. So sorry for your and your families loss.

Kids around pools have to be watched like a hawk. It can happen so quick. I will be saying a prayer for Lane and everyone that new him.

Completely horrible. I can't even fathom the feelings that you and your family are experiencing at the moment so I can only offer my condolences and just let everyone know that we want them to pull through this situation. Tears on the keyboard for a lost child. :icon_frow

Complete BUMMER Warren - I was a lifeguard for 3 years, and whoever said the non-swimmers have to be watched like a hawk was right - I had to pull one off the bottom of the deep end when he jumped in w/o the water wings his mom had taken off him - and then didn't watch....

My thoughts are with you and your family...