HybridZ

Show your rear end

I think you guys will like this... We're building this in our shop

DSC01023.JPG

Thats nice. I would like to see how you did the wide body. Did you take pictures throughout the build?

Once the car is complete (soon) we'll post up the entire build on a separate post.... There's a lot of pretty interesting elements incorporated in it... Cool stuff

• 3 weeks later...

The cell is mounted about an inch below the hatch deck with the spare tire well removed. It has about 8 inches of clearance to the ground at the lowest point, if i remember right. If I could do it all over again I probably wouldn't do the cell. I more or less did it initially to shave the gas door and it snow balled to battery relocation etc.. I plan on upgrading it to something other than a cheap plastic cell when I have the cash flow.

Kevin

So... IMHO, the MSA Type III body kits are beautiful... except for the rear bumper. It is way, way too square for the flowing lines of a Z. So I am ordering mine with no rear piece.

My question is what are you guys with the modified / shaved / smoothed rear valances using to do it? Fiberglass? Steel? And of those who have done so, which is a better bet?

I.E. BlueOvalZ... beautiful rear. Is that steel?