HybridZ

Another Z find, this time while working....

EvilC

Well Thursday night, upstate NY (Orange County) was hit hard with an ice storm that took out 9000 folks power! So my department with the company gets called out to spot. Which is basically, going from zone to zone looking what kind of crews will be needed to repair down trees, poles and lines. While driving down this road at 12am I spot a Z sitting under two covers. I knock on the door of course because I can see flash lights moving inside the house. A woman comes to the door and tells me it is her dads car and only has 19k on it. Well, I went back the next day and took a few pics. So what is it? 1970 2/70 built 240. Dash --> not cracked....int --> almost perfect! The rear dog leg panels still have the plastic wrapper on them! I was the first to pull up the jute (is that the right term?) on the floor to check what shape it was in. Drives floor has a small spot and looks very very good. Car was last on the road in 77. Basically the car was too small for a family of 5 so was put into storage until last year. The woman I spoke to says she doesn't want to see it rot and would give it to me for very very cheap but her dad who is 78 thinks it is worth lots.....so I made an offer and now we wait. I told her, I know I am going to end up with the car so we went over a few things to keep it from getting in worse shape. Let me know what you think....

436273217_TH6Qa-L.jpg

436273494_p2Bpp-L.jpg

436273607_LuEk5-XL.jpg

436274366_2zciq-L.jpg

436273988_TCJiJ-L.jpg

436273792_CvGww-L.jpg

436274235_sEkdR-L.jpg

Clive - Cool find!!! Are you a lineman troubleshooter journeyman?

Yasin

Those are the guys who do the real hard work during storms -->hats off to them.

No I work as a project manager in the new construction dept. When we have storms, my group goes out and calls in the damage in the "hot" spots. Reporting back which crews are needed and what is needed for the job. Example of where I found this car: (5) 45' poles needed, 4 50kva single phase transformers, primary and secondary wires, tree crew to cut up trees in the road, sight safety (burning hot wires on ground). I will update if I can with pics of this road.

Wow, vents on the hatch and everything. That's an early one for sure. So, when you get it, what will your plans be?

Well depends on price and how much work it will need. I can see the L30ET going into it and the v8 going into the red one I just got. We shall see ;)

Forgot to mention. After looking at the car the next day I told her the miles had rolled over and had 124k. When she saw it she thought only 24k...either way the car was only on the road for 6 years....paint missing from the wheel just looked like surface rust getting to it. The slight mold in the car tells me that the garage it was in wasn't vented and caused that process.

Either way....all that original stuff is going if I get it. This is HBZ, lmao!

Mike if I can get my LS1 Z to look as nice as yours than I will stop finding these cars....Joe....I only find them so I can tell you! =P

Those are the guys who do the real hard work during storms -->hats off to them.

No I work as a project manager in the new construction dept. When we have storms, my group goes out and calls in the damage in the "hot" spots. Reporting back which crews are needed and what is needed for the job. Example of where I found this car: (5) 45' poles needed, 4 50kva single phase transformers, primary and secondary wires, tree crew to cut up trees in the road, sight safety (burning hot wires on ground). I will update if I can with pics of this road.

Ahhhh....cool stuff. I work in a large department that has this same level of responsibility as yourself incl. the lineman piece.

Yasin

The myth has finally ended...there are as many Z's in the Northeast as on the West coast...they are just hiding and rusting.

fixed it for ya ;)

And actually, what's an easy way to tell if the miles have rolled over? my odo reads 57k, but I don't know if it really is 57k, 157k, or even 257k...

The myth has finally ended...there are as many Z's in the Northeast as on the West coast...they are just hiding.
Yep. I bet no one would ever guess there's three Zs at my house. My parents have a '78 in fairly good condition and hasn't been on the road in more than 15 years. I doubt we're the only ones either. Which reminds me there's a 260z within 15 minutes of me, I should go see if it's still there.

Granted all those in CA will have less rust...