HybridZ

Could you sell your car to a blithering idiot?

Kevin.pk

Guy randomly approached me and offered me a sobering $15k for my car (pic in sig). I pondered the idea for a brief moment until he went on to tell me how he installed a "tornado air thingy" in his truck and how much quicker it was as a result. I have never considered selling my car and this encounter makes me all the more fearful of the things another owner would subject the car to.

I don't think I could ever sell my pride and joy to someone who swears by the tornado intake. Sucks, that is probably the highest offer I will ever get for the car, if I were to ever sell it.

tornado.jpg

So, question of the day.....

Could you sell your car to blithering idiot?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd get $15k easy for your car in oz.

i guess at the end of the day though, it is just a car, and once you have cash for it, its not your car.

The main thing i would consider is whether the cash value is enough to justify that attitude towards it.

if it has great sentimental value, hold onto it till it rots away to nothing. (or you go to the great racetrack in the sky)

Unfortunately there are tons of useless individuals propping up the aftermarket currently. I see no difference from this person and someone who thinks he can put a turbeaux on his honda and run 9's off the bat or someone that likes japanese or american motors because "they're the best and everything else just isn't"

The way the industry is going, there are probably way too many Z's in the hands of idiots as it is. I'd hope I wouldn't contribute my Z to this statistic.

To me it would seem like that tornado would make your gas mileage worse. If you think about it the air is spining causeing it to take more time to get to the engine unlike a cold air intake the air is travaling in a large volume at a high velocity therefor giving the engine a much lager amount of air at a high rate.

Would you guys agree with me on that?

I see no difference from this person and someone who thinks he can put a turbeaux on his honda and run 9's off the bat

Whut'r you gettin' at? :mrgreen:

Well, If someone had $15k in hand for MY car, I would take the money and run. I'd start over with an LSX build and a low-rust shell.

Apparently I already did - a car that I wished I hadn't sold the minute he drove away in it - a 1972 351CJ Mustang Flatback that I had had for 100K miles and 10 years. (Back in '85)

Blueprinted, Balanced, Torker Intake w/ Holley 700 DP, Doug Thorley Headers, recurved distributor, Carerra Racing Shocks, Addco bars, lowered upper control arm mounting points, Manual steering, C6 automatic and 4.10 rear gears.

Dumb butt totaled it the next month...

• Administrators

I never understood the entitlement that a previous owner thinks he has (with rare exception). If you sell the car, it's no longer your concern. Same with houses. I have relatives that are pissed because the new owner of 'their' house cares for it differently. So what, it's not YOURS any longer. You SOLD it, remember? When I pay for something with my hard earned green, it belongs to me and I'll do with it as I darn well please.

The compensation you receive releases your interest.

Edited by RTz

Gone, baby, gone. I do agree the deal would probably never happen. I think we all get approached when we drive our cars for offers to buy. At least now you can be that guy that says " I have turned down $15,000 already" the next time someone asks how much to sell.

I never understood the entitlement that a previous owner thinks he has (with rare exception). If you sell the car, it's no longer your concern. Same with houses. I have relatives that are pissed because the new owner of 'their' house cares for it differently. So what, it's not YOURS any longer. You SOLD it, remember? When I pay for something with my hard earned green, it belongs to me and I'll do with it as I darn well please.

The compensation you receive releases your interest.

LOL, that is great. Couldn't have been said better!